How many driving horses do we have here now?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivin*me*buggy

Reaction score
I can remember when this part of the forum started, and it is my most visited part still. So, I thought it might be fun to tally up how many driving horses we have on here now. So lurkers, come on- we want to know about you too....

We have 3 here: Wish, Banner and Buck.....

Angie

Next....

I can remember when this part of the forum started, and it is my most visited part still. So, I thought it might be fun to tally up how many driving horses we have on here now. So lurkers, come on- we want to know about you too....

We have 3 here: Wish, Banner and Buck.....

Angie

Next....
2 here - Tango and J Jay

1 "starter" to be started ground driving this fall - Dayzha

All of our horses drive in some capacity.

We have 5 minis. The 3 Bs (Alax, Flair, and Skip) have been shown, all with ADS championships. One A is my beginner lesson horse (Dolly) I used to show, and the other A (Fibber) I never got around to finishing as I got going on Alax instead.
default_rolleyes.gif

Our Pinto Arab, Spider, is 21 and basically retired from driving shows (he's unfortunately grumpy.
default_no.gif
) after multiple championships. We also rode him in shows since we got him at 4. Kyle still rides him a little and we put him to the vehicle once in a while.

Our Arab/DHH mare is 3 1/2 and started line driving, but needs to grow up and fill out (late bloomer).

Then we just bought Angel, the Welsh. That's 8 horses, and we only have 7 stalls!
default_whistling.gif

Myrna

We own 7 that drive: Alvadars First Lieutenant, S&DMs Sally, Scheers Senna (still in her early training), Belle, Beauty, Kelly, (Beauty and Kelly drive as a team, too) and Leo (mostly retired).

We have three horses, but so far, due to bad luck and my health issues, only ONE drives -- Woodwinds' Mingus, 38 inch "Shetland-esque" maxi-mini. He is quite nearly the perfect driving horse, limited only by his owners. He makes us look good.

MingusBeachDrive-web.jpg

IMG_9910-(2)-sbkhming-web.jpg

Viewcrest Jaco Pastorius (Flash), about 36 inches, will be a safe, dependable driving horse. Like his sire (DF Jimmy Dolittle), he prefers to trot rather than canter and walk rather than trot. I won't say he's lazy...just economical.

Cherry Hill Scarlet Ribbons, 38 inch Classic Shetland, moves beautifully, but may be a bit too fractious for trail driving. I plan to at least train her for arena driving. We've been working on the longe line, and she's one smart little horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have one small pony that has been driven, but we don't have equipment to fit her and I bought her for my son to ride.

Then we have Clooney (aka Jessie) - MiLo Acres Just For The Ladies - who drives in the arena, on the grass, through the local quad trails, over hill and dale, along the back roads, and even into town for coffee!

Thanks Lori!

default_smile.png

Cathy

I have 2 and 1/2 driving minis
laugh.gif

Big B size Bucky,...... Lil'Bit, A size, .......and baby Chester who is just turning 2 yrs. next month. He wears a bitless harness and pulls pool noodles around. Does not count as driving yet but he is on his way.
yes.gif

default_yes.gif
I have one driving (Ike) my pinto boy and one line driving (Chips I share with Kim Crayonbox pictured in my Avatar). so 1.5 driving for me.

Adair

Of the 5 horses that my daughter has 4 currently drive and the last one is just in the ground driving stages.

Millie, Missy, Patches, Roger - all drive

Streaker (newest horse to her, Thank You Clear Brook) - has been ground driving for 1 week now.
default_aktion033.gif

I have five -- the minis are Derby, Eclipse, Lou and Destiny and my riding-driving full size horse is Rocket.

We have 2 that have been shown (Princess and Ruby) and then our stallion is green broke to drive, so that would be 3.

But I just started one of the broodmares (Sox), who is the same size, color and stride as Princess, so that would make 4.

And then we just bought 3 year old Buckeye WCF Last Dance (see the main forum) and she will be started soon - like next Monday!!!

So that would make 5 of our 9 - oops, now TEN minis (2 of them yearlings)- but I wonder how much attention Sox will get now that Dancer is here??? Stay tuned....

Let's see....

Broke:

Sunny

Lotto

Elvis

Buck

Pinkie

Dunny

Evie (green)

Deuce (green)

Started:

Candyman

Whitie

To be started:

Chet

Fancy

Ace

2 here- McCarthy's Golden Opportunity (western country pleasure) and Rivenburgh's Roxie Hart S.E. (Country pleasure). Also there's 2 that are being started- Sami and Simon.

Hmm ...

Zac

Duke

Hawk

Finnegan

Jaimie

Knight Rider

Pending

Paco

Slick

Jerome

Spook

Raz

Bunky

Fred

Ollie

Sonic

Valdez

Robin

Plus Tempest, Miikka and Des who are working on their driving training. And Little Duke & Billie who are on my "list" for this fall. ;-)

I have 5 that I broke to both show and trail drive they are; Tweet, Dusty, Misty and Trystan. And 3 to train this winter when we move into our new digs with an indoor arena they are Cricket, Annie, and Willow they were purchased last fall at the Double Diamond Dispersal Sale. As soon as Jet is old enough, he was born in Feb, he'll drive too.

WOW Kendra! A girl after my own heart, and you too Field of Dreams
default_laugh.png

I can't list all the horses here that drive because some of them don't belong to me but of my own personal horses, some of whom have had their shot either in the breed show ring or fair shows or pleasure shows:

The mares -

Lady

Rose

Smore

Missy

Dream

Peach

Patches

Hope (Shetland Pony)

The boys -

Polk

Manny

Ari

Started:

Petey

Brassy

Sunny

You are VERY welcome Cathy!
default_biggrin.png

I have 1 that I drive and show Midget (Southern Classic Rainy Day Toy
default_rolleyes.gif
) 1 that is trained but won't ever be hitched again (not sure he counts) 1 to be started G&G Farms Oh Mandy will be 3 in the spring and Shasta the new pony approx 40" is supposed to be trained to drive but I want to get her weight up first before I try anything.

Karen

We have 5 shetlands and 1 welsh. Two of the shetland geldings are driven regularly, one shetland gelding just started ground driving, two shetland mares that I hope will be my driven pair some day, and our section A welsh mare that drives but has developed a breathing problem. They are my therapy!

Latest posts

Back