How many are interested in a legal AMHA over sized division

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two geldings that have AMHA registered sires and dams, but both have gone over. I would love to be able to show them with AMHA. Yes, I would be interested in a legal AMHA over sized division.

Kim

I personally like the idea of a breeding stock division for the "over" horses. My minis are also more for my enjoyment than anything else.

One idea though, if there was a "breeding stock" division for "over" horses. Why not a "stock gelding" division for "over" horses. But let the geldings, and geldings only show. I would guess the most likely candidate of a mini to end up without a home in the long run if it was from AMHA parents, would be a colt that goes over and is not AMHR. If there was a "stock gelding" division in shows that these horses could be shown, it would be a whole new market for some of the hardest horses to place. It would also keep people who want to buy a colt to geld from being afraid to buy one that might go over slightly.

I bet it would be a boost to the sales of the taller colts if this were to happen. And too often they are the "leftovers" of our hobby. Wouldn't it make sense to add some more value to them? The more value an animal has the less likely it is to end up in a abandoned or uncared for.

Just a thought from a little nobody.
default_wink.png

Adding on this thought:. Also though some people would agree that these geldings do not fit the "breed standard" so to speak by being over. So it could even be that the have performance classes only. With that said, I also do not think they should compete against the under horses in any form, and certainly not for Supreme Halter Horse if they were to be shown in halter at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally like the idea of a breeding stock division for the "over" horses. My minis are also more for my enjoyment than anything else.
One idea though, if there was a "breeding stock" division for "over" horses. Why not a "stock gelding" division for "over" horses. But let the geldings, and geldings only show. I would guess the most likely candidate of a mini to end up without a home in the long run if it was from AMHA parents, would be a colt that goes over and is not AMHR. If there was a "stock gelding" division in shows that these horses could be shown, it would be a whole new market for some of the hardest horses to place. It would also keep people who want to buy a colt to geld from being afraid to buy one that might go over slightly.

I bet it would be a boost to the sales of the taller colts if this were to happen. And too often they are the "leftovers" of our hobby. Wouldn't it make sense to add some more value to them? The more value an animal has the less likely it is to end up in a abandoned or uncared for.

default_wink.png

I LIKE IT!! Great idea!
default_aktion033.gif

It really does make sense to brainstorm and see if some new ideas could be beneficial, not only to the registries but to the members!

default_wink.png

I LIKE IT!! Great idea!
default_aktion033.gif

It really does make sense to brainstorm and see if some new ideas could be beneficial, not only to the registries but to the members!
I like it, too! We have several geldings that went over. Fortunately, we did register them R so it wasn't a total loss. If R closes the books, then those guys will be in Never Never land.....

Lucy

Latest posts

Back