How long do you think??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all sounds like they are preparing themselves and maybe over the weekend they will do some more shopping and will have huge grocery bags by Monday

Here are some photos of Havana, her dinky doo does not look as pink as it did friday ,on friday she had blood red stripes in there!! She has no real bag but her owner before me did say she dosent get a bag before she foals..

2012-06-25 20.43.32.jpg

2012-06-25 20.46.09.jpg

2012-06-25 20.51.51.jpg

2012-06-25 21.05.07.jpg

2012-06-25 21.02.51.jpg

Keep an eye on her hooha cos blood stains can be a sign of placentitis

Here are some photos of pip , I cant get udder photos or dinky doo photos until someone helps me , she wont stand still she just looks round at me like im mad and runs off!!! lol

Thanks Eagel I will ask my vet, I dont think it is that but best to be safe than sorry..
default_yes.gif

2012-06-25 21.06.52.jpg

2012-06-25 21.06.07.jpg

2012-06-25 21.23.47.jpg

2012-06-25 21.24.05.jpg

Both looking great, but I also think they have a little way to go yet - Diane it was Renee who said about the possibility of placentitis.
default_yes.gif
But I agree that I dont think that was causing the red streaks, still always something to be aware of and to watch for!

Yes girls, after what happened here I just wanted raine to be aware, one lost foal here due to placentitis is one too many and I still feel bad for not having suspected any problems.
default_sad.png

Thanks Eagle and im sorry to hear about your foal you lost.. Pip gave me a scare last night I went out to feed them and instead of eating straight away like always she stayed in her stable ( i was feeding them hay outside altogether ) then she layed down legs out straight so i thought here we go but no back up again then down again then up and out she came to eat!!!! I kept a close eye on her all night but nothing happened..
default_frusty.gif
I've been watching this girl for what seems like months because its her first and she is so small i dont want her to foal without me being there..One minute she looks really fat then she dosent, sometimes i even wonder if there's something still in there lol..

It wont be the first time ive watched a mare for months and she has ended up open !!!
default_whistling.gif

Raine it wasn't my foal it was a mare on here that we were all following, the owner posted pics of her bloody show but we didn't know it was from an infection and unfortunately the foal was lost. My mare had a bloody show a few weeks before foaling, I cleaned her up and I didn't see it again but she then foaled 6 weeks early due to a poor placenta, luckily my vet was present at the birth and helped me with the foal, he was a dummy foal but he made it and is perfect now. So I guess I just am a bit nervy now about bloody shows
default_yes.gif

Hi , Still Waiting !!! i will post photos this week...im really looking forward to these two foals because they will be my last , im selling up..very very very hard thing for me to do but its the right thing for me at the moment..

Goodness, I was sure you would have had your foals by now!! Yes please, would love to see some pics if you have the time.

Sorry to hear that you will be selling up, but great to hear from you again.
default_yes.gif

Lorraine both of your girls are lovely! Cannot wait to see their foals
default_smile.png

Hi,

Here are some more photos of Pip and Havannh.. what do you think...I think i really must get the vet out to check them ,I keep putting it off but i need to know how far along she thinks they might be..

IMG_7671.JPG

IMG_7852.JPG

IMG_8065.JPG

IMG_8071.JPG

IMG_8073.JPG

IMG_8070.JPG

IMG_8074.JPG

IMG_8082.JPG

HERE'S A PHOTO OF THE DADDY..LITTLE KINGS MIDAS BUCKEROO

IMG_8691.JPG

Love that first pic!

At a glance the first girl's udder seems very developed, both have good belly droop but neither have the classic "V" shape yet if they are the type to do so.

You're going to have some beautiful bubs soon.

Hi - great to hear from you again. Your girls are looking really good - not too far off foaling either from the look of them. You could always ask you vet to come and give them a checkover if you want, she wouldn't need to know any possible foaling dates, but if you really have no worries - just an interest in how much longer they have to go - then I would just be patient because no matter what a vet says, they will foal in their own good time!
default_yes.gif

Do keep us up to date with any changes in their progress please.

Latest posts

Back