How long between banamine doses?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backwoodsnanny

Reaction score
Gave mare a dose of banamine at 3am this morning how long before I can give her more?

From what I know it's about 12hrs that it's effects will stay in their system.

Not enough info to answer, why are you giving it and how much did you give. Is this the first dose?

We dosed a mare who had just given birth at 3am this morning with a dose for 200 lbs

If the Banamine does not keep your mare comfortable for at least 6 hours, I would talk to your vet immediately as there may be something else happening. Generally, I have given it at 12 hour intervals for a day or two after foaling and all has gone well.

Nita,

We go by 12 hour intervals...........and if the horse is showing signs of pain before that time, we consult the vet as something else is going on. This is in regard to full doses according to the horse's basic weight, not half doses.

Thank you all but before I got a chance to read this vet came back out to tube baby and while he was here we figured out why she was acting painful It was time to poop now that she has she is feeling much better but thank you all for trying to help.

Latest posts

Back