How is her conformation?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Eowyn

Reaction score
Hello,

I showed my mini at a few local shows throughout the summer. (She got a few first places but that was only when she was the only one in the class! haha) but when there were two other mini's she was participating with, she got last. It doesn't bother me and I was just doing it for fun anyway, but I was just curious why and if you could look at these pictures of her and see where her faults are so I know? Thanks! (btw, she was 2 years old in these pictures and her back was still straight btu now that she is 3 her back has formed more now).

Thank you!

67uuzn.jpg

11j6pz8.jpg

10ws8dk.jpg

2ezh8r8.jpg

You two look really good! As far as conformation goes, it's a little hard to tell from these photos but my overall impression on her weak points are that she has a fairly short neck and upright shoulder (often these two faults are tied together) and her tail looks set fairly low. She also looks like she could be cow hocked from a couple of the photos but I really can't tell how straight her legs are from these photos. She is adorable though and looks happy to be in the ring!

I agree on the low tail set and the cow hocks , if you stretch her a tiny bit the tail set would look less obvious as she standing under herself ,, your halter is also too low on her face it would be more flattering to have it a little higher just under the cheek bones , I like your overall look and your outfit , you do need to lift your head and smile , try to ooze confidence , it goes a long way
default_smile.png

She is beautiful! I have seen you at the fair in rapids! I love your girl
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a pretty girl! You have her very well groomed, in addition to yourself. A real nice picture. I pretty much agree with the others on possible confirmation. It's sort of hard to tell from photos, rather than in person. In general though, it's looks like she is a very nice mare.

I also agree with the short neck and upright shoulder, and she has the misfortune of having a very straight line on her pinto pattern on the left shoulder. I would look at the length of her bridle path vs her neck, and see if adjusting it a little would help. I'd also braid her mane over when she's not showing to help it lay flatter.

Having her halter fit a little more snugly and a little higher would help show off her pretty face too. You might try pulling her tail a little, at the top, so it isn't so bushy and makes a smoother line when viewed from the side and doesn't accent the lower set.

You two make a very pretty picture, I like the plain black against her bright red and white! Her conformation may not be perfect but she's a pretty girl and she doesn't have anything really bad going on.

Latest posts

Back