How is everyone

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy

Reaction score
How is everyone in the Toronado places. From the news up here it is hard to figure out where it all is in relation to all of our many mini friends. Please let us know on here about everyone. Thanks - prayers going out to all those hit by the storms. Amelia

We were missed by the storms in Central AR, barely. I saw the dark clouds that did alot of damage around little rock. we are fine here, expecting more storms Wednesday night tho. I hate storms!! and I live in tornado alley. I hope everyone else is ok. Let us hear form you.

There was some tornado damage about an hour north of us, in Onslow County. There was a report of a funnel cloud touching down about a half-mile from here, but nothing was damaged (not even a tree) so I don't know what that report was based on.

The wild weather is here, it must be Spring!
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We were at a horse show the weekend during all that but my mom was hiding from the tornadoes lol. Wentworth was in the direct path but fortunatly for us it went just south of us, but SW Missouri got it really bad.

We are ok, but an area not too far from my parents and where my brother and his wife used to live in Stafford, VA was hit hard. No casualties so far, but this is the second line of storms in Virginia in the last month. We were under warnings, but didn't have any. A friend of my Mom's was home and ran for safety. She lost her home, but is ok.

Kim

Luckily we have escaped the damage of the last few storms, April and May have been a very hard spring for Arkansas.

We have escasped as three rounds of storms with tornados on the last three weeks have just missed us; the one on May 2nd actually was pinpointed down to the road in which we live on as well as the horses, luckily for us it made a short turn to the north (within mile/s) but unluckily for others.

These are some images I got in an email, from that same storm. They are calling for the possiblity of tornados tonight, but looks like maybe they will hold off...

http://kd5gmx.com/html2/index.htm

Horrible. Erica, I'm afraid to ask.....in the first picture, is that a horse in the lower left hand corner near what looks like what used to be some sort of "barn"?
default_no.gif

txminipinto Posted Today, 01:18 PM Horrible. Erica, I'm afraid to ask.....in the first picture, is that a horse in the lower left hand corner near what looks like what used to be some sort of "barn"?
The grey object to the left of the "barn" that is behind the tree branches does look like a horse
default_no.gif

Carin

I'm not sure; I know that was someone's barn in that first picture, havne't heard the status of the horses at the farm or in the barn when it came through. Pictures with the grain silos were a feed store that was a total loss.

This was one of several tornados on the 2nd, this one went north of us by a county, the one that went within just 1-2 miles from the farm; has damage much to the same as the above pictures, it's closer so I know the "scope" on it more; but people did loose horses........as fences were torn down, so most are just "missing", which I say in quotes as what their status is, is not know. This one also hit a dog kennel and it leveled it, in which they lost 200 dogs. Livestock such as cattle as well were lost and several chicken houses put to the ground as well.

Oh man. Those poor people and animals! I would just curl up and die.........
default_no.gif
I really think that I would rather be dead than to have to pick up the pieces and deal with all of those innocent 4 legged lives lost. How terrible!

The devastation is so bad there it just leaves me speechless. Those poor people.
default_no.gif
I would be a complete wreck just hearing a storm warning. I think I'll stick to our unpleasant winters, at least we don't have tornados, hurricanes or large scale earthquakes.

Latest posts

Back