HOw does HOF work in AMHR?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]Halter and hunter both require 70 points. Halter also requires 5 grand champion titles in that 70 points. Since there are no hunter or jumper championships you just accumulate 70 points .[/SIZE]

Lyn

For halter, you need 5 GRAND champion wins (with competition) and 70 halter points. At least one Grand Championship must be as a 2yo or older horse. But you don't have to retire a horse from that discipline if you don't want to. I will be showing my new gelding in halter, and he's got 200 points and his HOF.

Also, this used to confuse me (so in case it does anyone else), the grand champion wins are the all-age championships. The jr. championships and sr. championships give you halter points but do not count as grand champion wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since showing halter isn't my favorite thing, I like it when my horses get their Halter HOF and I can quit showing them in that.
rolleyes.gif
yes.gif
I want all of my horses to have show records, so when one is "done", I can concentrate on driving them or some other performance, or they can be done for good and go into the broodmare band.

In your rule book, there is a list that will tell you how many points a horse gets for which placing and how many horses in the class. If you keep track of your points, you will know when your horse is getting close, or achieves it. It's a fun way to show, having a goal in mind-- that awesome Hall of Fame!
smile.gif

Wow, I appreciated the clarification of this subject since I have recently become interested in getting these titles for my horses.

I did not know that you had to have five Grand Champs, for example!

Makes it not quite as easy as it might seem to accumulate those points/that title.

Liz M.

[SIZE=14pt]Also in the driving classes country, pleasure and roadster you need 5 championships with competition and your 70 points. Only the classes like hunter , jumper, obstacle, obstacle driving and liberty are just 70 points. Used to be there were only Hall of Fame offered for Halter and driving.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back