how DO

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
hope you don't mind a little rant...

i ran into a woman yesterday who works at the courthouse where i used to work. she asked me how i was doing since gary's death. i told her i was okay, adjusting, not melting down as much as i used to, getting used to life without gary.

she said she heard gary died at home. i said yes. her next comment was "oh wow! it must be creepy going back into your house!"
default_new_shocked.gif

i just looked at her. i've known this woman for 20+ years, i should have expected what came next. she's not the sort of person i can give the benefit of the doubt to. you know, chalk it up to not knowing what else to say, that sort of thing. she's hateful, spiteful, mean as a junk yard dog and the worst gossip i have ever come across in my 57 years.

she asked me if i was having any fun.
default_new_shocked.gif
i said "huh??" she said, "you know, FUN!" *wink wink wink*

i said no bev, i don't find myself having much fun these days, i'm very busy. her next comment was "charlene, you're much too young to live alone. you need to find another man to have some fun with."

my response, before i walked out the door was "bev, you're much too stupid to live, alone or not. you need to talk a long walk off a short pier."

what on earth possesses people to say such stupid things???
default_no.gif

thanks, i needed to vent. **rolls eyes**

My friend used to have this incredible saying for people like this.

She is a "waste of skin"

default_yes.gif

Some people are so ignorant.......just when you think you've heard it all, someone else proves you wrong. I had to laugh at your response, sounds like something I would say. LOL. what a jack*ss she is.....

What an awful thing to say! I think you handled it wonderfully!!!

Yesterday at work I had an American woman (no offense to any Americans this was just her nationality) come up to me absolutely convinced we used Euros. After much explanation she once again asked "well should I change in my US dollars for Euros?" Instead of once again burdening her with the truth that Canada does not and will not ever use Euros I told her to just keep her US dollars and use them as it would be easier. hahahaha. I mean I've had a lot of stupid people come through my work but this just topped the lot of them. It made my week having that customer!

Here are some of my favorites:

-I'll be nicer .... when you're smarter.

-Are you always stupid or is this a special occasion?

-Someday you'll find yourself and wish you hadn't.

-If I throw a stick will you leave?

Liz R.

Some people
default_no.gif
:DOH!
default_no.gif
:DOH! shouldn't open their mouths and remove all doubt of their intelligence.

Liz I love the "Are you always stupid or is this a special occasion?" I will be using that one in the future
default_aktion033.gif

yeah, some people are so stupid that I have to wonder if it's a natural talent or do they work at it?

I don't. I'm known for my bluntness. I probably would've told her something not so nice.
default_biggrin.png

My favorite is "were you born stupid, or did you have to study?" although I have probably never said it out loud to anyone! Mostly I try to be charitable, and figure that if they knew better, they'd do better. A simple "I don't see how that's any of your business," really could have sufficed for bev, just because she's mean doesn't mean you have to stoop to her level, as my mother would say.

You really have to wonder about some people, don't you?
default_no.gif

oh i LOVE these responses! i'll have to file them away for future reference, no doubt i'll be needing them.
default_wink.png

bunnylady, there was no way i was about to let her get away with it. i don't consider it stooping to her level at all.

gary's brother told me another good one today..."i like people like you. you make me look above average."
default_biggrin.png

What possesses someone to say something so hurtful. I'm glad you just took it for what it is worth. Crazy people anyway, that is why I prefer horses! They have yet to say anything stupid!

I must admit, I myself am a bit awkward at very personal things such as the loss of a loved one or something along those lines...

BUT generally I prefer to say nothing at all. People deal emotionally in different ways, and I am never sure what the best approach is. I would rather come off a bit "cold" than hurtful or ignorant.

How terrible that conversation was! I can't believe someone would actually say that! Actually I guess I can, I know some pretty darn stupid people.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

You just have to ignore the stupid ones and hope Darwin takes care of the rest.

Andrea

Some people are too stupid to know they are stupid!!!!

I have always been told when someone asks you a personal question, respond as "And why do you want to know?".

I am glad you told her off. Maybe she will think twice in the future!!! Oh wait, she's too stupid to think!!!!!!

Oh Charlene!!! You handled that beautifully..... I call people like that "Oxygen Robbers"...... and we have several of them at work......

I can beat yours charlene..........unfortunately

A lady approached me when I was on my front porch and asked me if it was true that Michael.........well, I can't say it was so very crude and unthoughtful but it had to do with the blood and I swear to you as I am sitting here I became violently ill and threw up right there on the porch.

I simply do not understand how people can be so insensitive but I am sure getting used to it

What an awful thing to say! I think you handled it wonderfully!!!
Yesterday at work I had an American woman (no offense to any Americans this was just her nationality) come up to me absolutely convinced we used Euros. After much explanation she once again asked "well should I change in my US dollars for Euros?" Instead of once again burdening her with the truth that Canada does not and will not ever use Euros I told her to just keep her US dollars and use them as it would be easier. hahahaha. I mean I've had a lot of stupid people come through my work but this just topped the lot of them. It made my week having that customer!

That might have been my MIL!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_wacko.png
:DOH!
default_no.gif
She's on a trip right now...

Charlene...........I have to say my dear, that I am so dang proud of you!!
default_aktion033.gif
You have been taking in comments like this, and dealing with some pretty stupid people, for months! And you've been so gracious about it every time it happens. That woman deserved what she got and more! I think she needed to be taught a lesson, and will now maybe understand what being respectful to a person is all about..........though she sounds pretty stupid, she probably won't have a clue!
default_wacko.png

Good response!

And I love some of the other people's different responses too.........

"I have no patience for stupid people", my dad used to say.

Latest posts

Back