How do you say goodbye to a wonderful family member?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
((hugs)) so sorry. The last pet that I lost was last sept and she was 17. My cat Pepper It was one of the hardest things to get through. I cried for days....it hurt so bad I was scared to get another pet as I didn't want to go through the pain another 12 or so years later.

it does get easier tho in time....my sympathy to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Kim, I am so sorry.
default_crybaby.gif

She was a beautiful kitty and I can only imagine how hard it would be to do all those normal everyday things she's been part of for so long, without her.

{{{{{{{{ Big hugs }}}}}}}}

I know just how you're feeling. I lost my soulmate last Feb and had to make the decision for him. I also had to watch my 7 fuzzies go (ferrets). They only live 5-8 years and they get deep into your heart. I'm sorry you lost your pal. {{{{{hugs}}}}}.

I lost my best dog, Beau, in '97. About 2 years ago, right after I hurt my back, in the middle of the night I felt "someone" get on the bed with me when hubby was at work. I awoke to find no one there but my first thought was "Beau". I think he was letting me know he was still around.

Thank you everyone...

It just seems so wrong. She should be sitting right here while I am on the compute. I will be happy when I accept it and not shock myself with the truth 100 times a day.

You all are wonderful and thank you for helping me get through this.

-Kim

Oh, Kim, I'm so sorry to read about Monkey. It is so amazing that a creature so small can leave such a huge hole in your heart.

I can see from your wonderful painting how beautiful she was on the outside, and your amazing talent communicates her inner beauty as well.

But trust me, you're not sitting alone at your computer, nor are you drinking your morning coffee by yourself. Monkey will always be with you, asleep in her spot on your bed, forever in your heart and soul.

Kim -

The lyrics below sometimes help me - hopefully they will help you, too.

Liz R.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking back, on the memory of,

The dance we shared, beneath the stars above,

For a moment, all the world was right,

How could I have known, that you'd ever say goodbye,

And now, I'm glad I didn't know,

The way it all would end, the way it all would go,

Our lives, are better left to chance,

I could have missed the pain,

But I'd have had to miss, the dance.

Holding you, I held everything

For a moment, wasn't I the king.

If I'd only known, how the king would fall.

Well who's to say, you know I might have changed it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end, the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance,

I could have missed the pain,

But I'd have had to miss, the dance.

Yes my life, is better left to chance,

I could have missed the pain

But I'd have had to miss, the dance

The Dance – Garth Brooks

Kim,

((((Hugs))))

I have to agree with MiniV and what she said. Something tells me that you are as close to Monkey as I was to a couple that have passed and I understand what MiniV said.

It will take time for you to feel somewhat "normal" in this part of your life. It is so natural that you should feel the way you do as like you, I have had that same problem of wanting to call for them, pet them, hug them at certain times of the day. Feeling this way means that you gave your heart to them and what more could any pet want than to be so unconditionally loved?

I do have to tell you something. What an amazing gift you have. To be able to capture the essence of your animal in your paintings, and to know that it comes from your heart and your own hand. Amazing.

Again, (((hugs)))

Oh Kim, I am so very sorry!

If there were any words I could send your way, that

would instantly help you with your sadness, I would

shoot them off to you in an instant. Alas, it is not so.

She will be with you always in your heart, that I know.

Take care.

Gosh Crabby, I dont know how. Have lost many a furkid and I still havent learned how to say goodbye. Its been 5 years for my Indy ( gelding) and I am still saying goodbye. Only suggestion I have to to do what YOU feel is best. Dont worry if family/friends dont get it, tough tookie on them. Hugs hon

I am still so sorry about Monkey, Kim.

We only got to know her through your stories and from visiting your house, but we will always miss her, too.

I loved the expressions she would get when she'd wander downstairs and see that the boys were running crazy, and promptly (well, as quickly as a Monkey) would leave and go back to her safe haven in your room.

Sometimes she would lie at the top of the stairs and observe all of us, she was a good little friend and "who" she was is still with you, as soon as the intense hurt from losing her physical presence fades, you will better be able to feel it.

I know it's not quite the same, but losing my Nootie 3.5 years ago now really changed things for me. I have not had another cat like that, and probably won't.

(hugs)

Liz M.

I am there with you. I completely understand how you feel and what you are going thru. Just remember she is watching over you all the time, she still sits there with you, goes to the kitchen and thru the house, and watches thru the window when you come and go. And remember, you are helping me thru my loss with your beautiful paintings you do for others. If you need to laugh or cry, please email or call, we can do it together. It is hard and will be for a long time, but that only shows how much we truly care for our family.

I'm so sorry for the loss of Monkey. She was a beautiful cat in and out.

Whoever said that cats are standoffish or hard to love never had the right one. As cat people, we all know how incredibly hard it is to lose such a precious little character!
default_crybaby.gif
I lost my Mitchie-kitty, what, six years ago now? And I still miss him every day. Other fur-kids have filled the empty places in the house where he used to be but will never replace him. Each one of them is so special.

Monkey will be remembered and (trite as this sounds) your pain honors her and the bond you had together. Lift it up to her memory every day and let her help you heal.

Leia

Kim, I am so sorry to hear about Monkey. I know there are no words that can comfort you, but know in your heart you have done the right thing for Monkey and I am sure she is thanking you for that. All we can do is remember all the fun times we had with our beloved pets who become so fast part of our family. I know I have to face this so soon after losing my brother..just 10 weeks ago.. I have our old arabian who is 35 yrs old, blind and not doing very well. We have had him for 33 yrs. I just know this is going to be like losing a family member all over and I am just not ready to bring myself to make that call. (((HUGS))) Corinne

Whoever said that cats are standoffish or hard to love never had the right one. As cat people, we all know how incredibly hard it is to lose such a precious little character!
default_crybaby.gif
I lost my Mitchie-kitty, what, six years ago now? And I still miss him every day. Other fur-kids have filled the empty places in the house where he used to be but will never replace him. Each one of them is so special.

Monkey will be remembered and (trite as this sounds) your pain honors her and the bond you had together. Lift it up to her memory every day and let her help you heal.

Leia

Oh Leia so very well said! Crabby, Yes Monkey is with you. I had to make the desicion to send one of my very dear kitty's (Tooey) over the rainbow bridge, I actually did it myself with the vet. It was the hardest thing I ever did. I wanted her to be with me to the end. I know she is still here with me. She was our bathroom kitty. I have seen her and so have others crossing the hall and going into the bathroom. I still can't look at a picture of her because my heart is still so sad. God bless dear Crabby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Angela.

I am doing a little better. I am not bawling at all hours of the day. Only something will set me off. You know how it is...

We visited a couple humane societies. Haven't found one that is going to be a treasured friend. No I will never get Monkey back, but my husband said there are lots of kitties that need someone desperately. So what happens,.,,, one falls in LOVE with him! So he has a new buddy. And she is wonderful. I am happy for him. Unexpected by very happy.

Thank you for asking! How are you? Hope the painting gets there soon!!!!

Latest posts

Back