How do you say Good A.M.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
Its no secret that we all talk to our horses but just thought it might be fun to find out how we greet them 1st thing in the A.M. and what we say to them when we tuck them in for the night

They can hear me walking to the barn so they are usually chatting up a storm 1st

But " Good Morning my little ponies, room service, did my starving little ponies have a good sleep "

My last visit at night is usually

Nighty Night my little ponies, be save and dont let the bed bugs bite...I love you all

[SIZE=8pt]A.M. - Hey guys! How are we this morning...are we hungry?[/SIZE]

Or sometimes I say - HEEELLLOOO everyone! GOOD morning.

P.M. - Night all, love ya. Sleep well, see you in the morning.

default_rolleyes.gif

usually in some crazy hi pitched voice that matches there hi pictched winnie i call out to each of my boys,... 'booo boo & maxy'.

Then to the girls whenever i leave the house for work morning and night as their paddock runs along the driveway i always say

'HEYYYYY GIIRRRRLLLSSS' (sshh theres 3 boys in their, they dont no it though lol) which is usually replied with a whole lot of neighs!!
default_smile.png

If there in the stables its 'morning ponies my darlings' then kisses for everybody and same at night
default_smile.png

Yep sad lol

Mornings, I ususally say Hey Guys! In a high pitch loud voice. Then I normally follow with, are my ponies hungry.

Nights, I just say good night my babies

i say bababababababoyss! and the horses starts whinnying and pacing the fence. if you say their names each of them whinnys at you.

Morning:

"Good Morning my spoiled babies... breakfast time. " Followed by a kiss to each horse.

Evening:

"Good nite kids... I love ____, _____, _____, ______, _____, and _____." Saying each name with a kiss.

how cute everybody!

mornings, it's usually just "C'MON BOYS!!!"

evenings, "BEHAVE and NOBODY GET SICK OVERNIGHT!!!"

my dogs know the routine and you can set your watch by simon. doesn't matter what i'm doing, promptly at feeding time, he stands at the door and barks. as i'm putting my shoes on and open the door to go out, it's bark, bark, bark!!! the horses NEVER fail to come to the fence when they hear simon barking. they know it's either feeding time or that i'll take pity on them when i see them at the gate and pop a marshmallow into each mouth.
default_biggrin.png

As I walk into the barn in the mornings I say "Good Morning Ponies! Is everyone hungry?" and then after I am done with my morning chores I say "Have a good day and everyone behave today!"
default_biggrin.png

And then at night I always say good night to each one individually, usually with a treat. And then as I get ready to turn the night out I say "Good Night my babies, I love you all!"
default_wub.png

When they are out in the pasture, and I say each of their names, they will look up at me and they usually whinny and run toward me. I know they are just looking for treats, but it still makes me feel pretty good! They are just so lovable!

My husband just shakes his head at me. He says my horses and my puppy get told that I love them a lot more often than he does!
default_yes.gif
He handles it pretty well though!

Im glad Im not the only one to give out treats. Im sure I do it alot more than I should...but I do like to see them come charging across the field to see what sort of snack Im handing out. Mine love gummy bears.

I think I must be the big ol' meanie here cuz when I walk out there I grumble "shut up Rose" to the really loud one hollering for her breakfast.

Still love 'em, though
default_wub.png

Mornings, when I walk in the barn and turn on the lights--I have to walk to the other end to see them, so just in case they worry it's not me
default_rolleyes.gif
, I always say "It's me, guys!" Once I'm to the rations measuring table table, Jazz pokes his head between his 2x4s for his treat. We decided since he's the only boy, he deserves it.
default_wink.png
Then I say "Who wants breakfast?" Guess what? They all do! :DOH!

At night, I call to the pasture "Who wants dinner?" or "Who's ready to get tucked in?"

When I leave the barn for the night, I always say "That's a wrap. Night guys, see you in the morning. Love you!"

365 days a year.
default_wub.png

In the morning I respond by name to anyone that says good morning to me first.

Come to think of it I don't say anything to them at night. They are too busy eating to pay any attention to that goofy human ANYWAY. I always watch them for awhile on the monitor in the house before turning in.

Bailey and Willow can hear the 'click' of the gate opening when they are in the back field.

Willow is usually 1st to call out, but they won't move until I yell out......

"BAILEY, WILLOW....C'MON, C'MON"
default_biggrin.png

Then the race is on to see who can make it to the hay barn 1st.

They much away at hay as I prepare their feeds. During this time I'm talking to them saying ...

"IS THAT MY LITTLE HORSES? "
default_wacko.png
In the most ridiculous voice you have ever heard. My eldest son gets very embarrassed with the crazy tone of voice I use when his friends are around. I almost grit my teeth when I speak to them.

Back