How do you price a horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontherisefarm

Reaction score
price a horse to sell without someone thinking something is wrong with it
default_please.gif
?? (there is nothing wrong with it )

I would describe to reason: reducing herd, changing breeding directions, need the room, need the money, whatever the reason. Not all great horses cost alot!!!! Good luck.

Well, first i would tell the truth that is is a quality animal and then say that i am very motivated to sell.
default_yes.gif

I think I understand what you are saying. Good horses but pricing them low and then having buyers think there is something wrong with them. Since my hubby passd away in April I have had to make a decision to sell some of our favorite minis...very nice horses but I thought if I priced them low they would sell faster which would help me out because I have some health issues to deal with. One of the problems I see is anyone that has a lot of money is willing to pay a higher price and can be skeptical of lower priced horses. I know it isn't the greatest market for selling right now with shipping so very costly...I have decided that I will even offer to help pay some of the shipping costs as long as I have good homes for them to go to. Perhaps we will have to put higher prices on them for to sell!! Don't have all the answers but do know I have some very nice horses for sale and I do believe they would sell if someone is looking for quality and could afford the shipping costs.

I have bought all my horses at "bargain" prices. I don't see a low price and see a bad horse.

Thanks for the info. I have tried to let people know there is nothing wrong with it but I guess since others of the same breeding are selling alot higher they think I am just trying to dump it. I am honest about what I sell. I try to give them as many pics as they want and answer any and all questions to the best of my knowledge. We dont alter our horses appearance in any way.They are natural in a pasture condition. I have not shown in several years so I am aware of the fact that it is harder to get higher prices so try to price my horses reasonable even though I know th same horse at a bigger show farm would ask ALOT more for it. Go figure.... Thanks again...

Latest posts

Back