How do you handle flies on a new mama?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their colour seems to change before they lose their baby fuzz, at least mine did. He started out different shades of grey then turned to browns with a light mane and tail in his first week or two and now at two years he's liver chestnut with a barely lighter mane and tail. Mini colours are crazy!

HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!!

Hi Holly,
This is Oliver. The pictures aren't great, I have no idea how or if I can get pictures from my camera to here so they're what I have on my phone.
IMG_20180317_053924916.jpgI thought he was black/smocky black like his mom before he was dry IMG_20180320_084806408.jpg This is a couple days later when he was going brownIMG_20180728_094135.jpg this is at 4 months,looking awful shedding his baby fuz, meeting his best friend and playmate who moved into the family that day for himIMG_20200602_184234.jpgtook this tonight.

He's 28 inches and a complete sweetheart who is an energizer bunny.

Last edited:
Hi Holly,
This is Oliver. The pictures aren't great, I have no idea how or if I can get pictures from my camera to here so they're what I have on my phone.
View attachment 41446I thought he was black/smocky black like his mom before he was dry View attachment 41447 This is a couple days later when he was going brownView attachment 41448 this is at 4 months,looking awful shedding his baby fuz, meeting his best friend and playmate who moved into the family that day for himView attachment 41449took this tonight.

He's 28 inches and a complete sweetheart who is an energizer bunny.

He is ADORABLE!!! Wow! What a change! So, in truth, there is no way to know what color Sterling will be. Fun!

Colors are deceiving, aren't they? When I purchased one of my minis, the owner put "black" on the paperwork. She was full on brown. Well, two months later she is indeed black! Around the same time, our mostly brown goat turned almost black (his winter color).

Latest posts

Back