how do you feel, and please give me your honest opinion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Dan

Reaction score
ok, so this has bothered me for qute some time. I really dont like how they take Thumbelina ya know the "worlds smallest horse" around in the back of a van in a doghouse. I also dont like the fact shes a dwarf on top of that
default_sad.png
default_no.gif
Am I being to negative and could you please your feelings of the matter

Well from what I've seen (on tv) she is very well taken care of and the owners explain that she is a dwarf and this is not something that you breed for. She collects alot of monies for charities and such and I don't see her travels any different than any other mini that shows alot. From what I know, she is not used for their own monetary gain, just for charities, at least that's what they say. From what I have seen, I think the owners do a fine job and are doing great work.

ok, well, ive never really heard them say shes a dwarf and about not breeding for them, all I ve seen was her at some charity events and at the kentucky Derby. Now i feel better after you explained this thankyou
default_smile.png

I don't have ANY problem voicing my opinion about this subject. In my opinion she should NOT be considered a horse~! She is a Dwarf! She should NOT be used as a "example" for a horse! By being in the public eye and really being made a speticle of people are getting a VERY wrong impression of what a miniature horse is and looks like. I just think it's wrong for her to be classified as the worlds smallest horse! She is NOT a horse, she's a dwarf!

I strongly agree^^^^^^. I don't think there is anything wrong with bringing her around in a van, lots of people do it with minis.

Aww....cmon....she is still a horse...a dwarf miniature horse.

I am happy that they take good care of her and explain about her being a dwarf. I think she has a good life and a good home.

There are dwarves in all species. A dwarf person is still a person. A dwarf equine is still a horse. She is indeed the smallest horse, and from what I have seen the owner is very clear that she is not the norm and that he did not breed for her and will not breed of her. I consider her somewhat of an ambassador and a good teaching tool. That is my honest opinion.
default_wink.png

There are dwarves in all species. A dwarf person is still a person. A dwarf equine is still a horse. She is indeed the smallest horse, and from what I have seen the owner is very clear that she is not the norm and that he did not breed for her and will not breed of her. I consider her somewhat of an ambassador and a good teaching tool. That is my honest opinion.
default_wink.png
Great point! I especially like :

A dwarf person is still a person. A dwarf equine is still a horse.
As long as they take good care of her and make sure that they emphases that she is a dwarf. It makes me really mad when people call the miniatures "miniature ponies."
default_frusty.gif
Sorry, that was a little off topic but it still makes me mad! LOL.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back