How do you do that?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fantacsix

[SIZE=10pt]I have seen sooo many pictures of minis and their tails "fluffed" up and beautifully "displayed"
wub.gif
. I want to take great pictures of my guys and want to know what to do to help
biggrin.gif
. Thank you. Allison
saludando.gif
[/SIZE]

unsure.gif
asking very nicely & polite???
biggrin.gif

No, I have no idea... I'm curious as well... Involving a mare in heat perhaps?

Make sure the tail is nice and clean, when it is dry, brush gently upwards.

Okay, you braid the tail, just after the tail bone, all the way to the end, leave the first braid kinda loose, then tighten up, after you go all the way to the bottom, you gonna want to take the bottom of the tail and go through the first braid, maybe a couple times, after that you take a peice of vet wrap and break it of, maybe a inch or so, and you going to want to put it right in the middle of that first braid, then just wrap it, I got pictures, it will make more sense! I am tired, and I am not a well explainer when I am not tired, so I am worse when I am tired LOL, I hope that made sense, tomarow, if you have any questions, I will probably be better answereing then when i am not tired!

Magic43.jpg

Magic41.jpg

Magic42.jpg

also, you'll want to go past the end of the tail and covor it, if you dont, it will break right there, then you'll have a short tail, the reason why you put the little vet wrap in that little slot is so it wont slip of!

-Gage-

[SIZE=10pt]Well I know how to do that
yes.gif
... but how do you get them to look like this
unsure.gif
....See how they fluff up and away from their bodies... Thank you again. Hopefully I am not offending anyone by using these pictures that is not my intent .. I felt they were great examples
worshippy.gif
. I love the last two. Allison
[/SIZE]

Dakota.jpg
Crystal_2002.jpg
charger1site.jpg

I think the tails away from the bodies is a natural thing for the most part. If they won't do it, there is not a (legal/humane) way to do it.

Many horses will lift their tails and arch it as part of their hormonal display like stallions parading for a mare in heat, or another stallion, or a mare will do so for a stallion, etc.

Some horses just naturally carry their tails arched nicely. As for the rest, it is all good grooming and management as well as genetics to have a nice, clean, well cared for tail.

Liz M.

To give the actual tail hair body I learned a trick. After you wash it fingure you fingures through it to comb it then tie little loose knots kinda near the tail bone until tail dries. Then take all the knots out and fingure through it again for that extra body...great for those thin tails
smile.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Thank you for all of your advice and help
wub.gif
. I will try it soon and hopefully will get er done right
aktion033.gif
and post pics. Allison.
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back