How do you disinfect your plastic stock tanks?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimayhem

Reaction score
I would like to disinfect my plastic stock tanks within the next week or two and was wondering what might be safe to use??

Thanks.

I use bleach in mine every week. Use just a little amount, swish it around and you dont even have to scrub hard at all to get all the gunk and slime out of it. Rinse very well and you will be very happy with the results.

I'm gonna try that! Ours get so dirty, especially with lake water
sad.gif
I hate having to use it, but were renting a barn and have no choice. Plus the pump keeps messing up.

I mix bleach and water in a spray bottle. Dump the tank spray out with the hose. Then spray the inside with the spray bottle let air dry. Rinse and refill. I put a cap full of bleach in the tank after I fill it. They are 20 gallon tanks.

I use pinesol. I've used it for years and it work great. Put a couple of splashes into your tank, mix with water and take your brush and wash it. Rinse really well and you have a nice clean and disinfected tank.

Christy
yes.gif

I pour in some bleach when I wash it out with dish washing liquid works great and also helps keep some of the slime from forming so quickly.

Thanks for some great suggestions. I don't know if it's more the plastic tanks or what, but the slime builds up much faster, so I definitely scrub it once or twice weekly.

Latest posts

Back