~HOW DID YOU~

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I originally wanted to name my farm Silver Belle farm after my beloved older mare who passed away last year, but since there's already a Silver Belle Farm, we had thought about Bunny Burrow, since we had so many rabbits and loved our rabbits. But in one fell swoop, we lost most of our rabbits and 3 horses to a dog attack and just about decided to get out of owning any animals since our neighbors could not be convinced to keep their dogs locked up. On a whim, though, my Dad found 2 horses he was interested in, made the drive up to go get them, and the lady we bought them from told him that if he ever sold either horse, she'd like the oppurtunity to buy of them both back. Dad told her that once any animal stepped foot on our farm, it was there forever, till it died, and thus, Forever Farm we became.

it was very sad when our mare died, she was pregnant for the first time. i still miss her every day. but my farm will always be Shadow Paints miniatures, and ill always have a part of her.

i too love hearing about others farm names!

Our farm name (Ourfarm) ia pretty boring, I think. My husband(Fiancee at the time) and I moved here to Ky from Maryland in 2004. In Maryland we lived in a very crowded subdivision, and decided we both liked Ky whe we came to my stepdad's family reunion. We looked around several places here, and found this farm. With 192 acres, theres plenty of room for him to hunt and me to have horses! Prior to the move here, we kept saying "our farm" when we referred to the new place and it stuck. So even though I would have preferred a fancier name, Ourfarm just named itself pretty much!

I've really enjoyed reading all of these!
default_smile.png

Mine is CheyAut Ranch. My first horse (whom I still have) is my now 20 y/o Thoroughbred gelding, Cheyenne Autumn. He is my horsey soul mate
default_smile.png
So I wanted to name my place after him... CHEYenne AUTumn... CheyAut
default_smile.png

Of course, without knowing that, no one has a clue what it means or how to pronounce it... oh well! It's definately unique ;)

We are the other Meadowind
default_smile.png
. When we moved to our farm in 1986 there hadn't been livestock here for a few years, and the pastures had turned into meadows where the deer loved to hang out. Being on the prairies, it seemed like the wind was always blowing, so we came up with the name Meadowind.

I am glad Julie/Azariah posted, because when she mentioned that AMHA didn't have Meadowind reserved, it caused me to check with the office. We had reserved our farm name in 1990, and have been using the prefix since then. When the AMHA office checked their files, they did have a record of our request, but for some reason had not recorded Meadowind on their prefix list. They are getting it straightened out, so Meadowind should appear on their list soon.

Latest posts

Back