How big is your smallest horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
I have allways liked the small miniature horses and allways ask what is everyones smallest, so what is yours? Also what is the SMALLEST horse you have ever owned?

I am looking forward to alot of responses!!
default_smile.png

THANKS!

-Gage-

I have a 26" five year old stallion, who's producing some very nice refined foals, and 24.5" two year old colt. I'm looking for a nice LITTLE girlfriend for him!
wub.gif

Our smallest is a yearling at about 28" She is a BOB granddaughter and really expected her to be taller but that is all she is!! Mary

Briggiepost.jpg

Our smallest breeding mare who is 11 years old is about 28 inches. She is a Ritchers Apache daughter. Her yearling daughter measured 26 3/4 at her last show which was July 4th weekend. The smallest mare we have owned was 25 inches. We bought her at a sale and later found out you couldn't get her in foal. We later sold her to a family for a pet. We have around 10 mares that are about 30 inches. Our main herd sire "Legacy" consistently has foals that mature under 30 inches. He is 29 inches.

well my filly will be 33" as a adult... she like 25"(?) now at 5 months. I plan on getting a 25-29" black overo stud, when ever he comes along!!! all of our mares will be around 31-34" and geldings will be 35"... no bigger... but thats in the future!!!
yes.gif
wub.gif

Mine is 28.25 Itty-Bitty Lady

Ibrst.jpg

Ib-ls6.jpg

She is bred for the 3rd time, she absorbed for 2005, carried full term 2004 but the baby didn't get out of the bag.

Sandy D

My smallest breeding animal is Mia, she is 27 1/2 " to the withers. Her foal this year is nearly as big as her now- but she was the same, she was normal as a foal- it was only when I brought her out as a yearling and measured her that I realised she was 25 1/2"!!! Luckily for me she grew!! She is still very much borderline for breeding, I do not like breeding under 30" mares (remember to remove up to 2" for US heights!!!)

Of course Rabbit is only 28" and he is Mia's sire.

All the rest are more "normal" heights- 29- 32"

We have two mares that are very small. Dances is 24 inches and Honey is 25 inches. Dances just foaled a filly on June 22, filly was 14 1/2 inches at birth. At

a month old she is 15 inches. Perfect filly to. Yeah!! Taking pictures this weekend

hoping to post them. Honey has a beautiful blue roan colt foaled May 9, at 2 months he is 20 inches. Both foaled with no problems at all.

We have one mare who was 2 months premature (hand bred mare) who made it. The filly (now a mare) is all of 23 inches. She will only be a pet, no breeding for her. To tiny. Rest of our mares are 27 to 31 inches. One 33 inch mare we have for sale.

Our Breeding Stallions are 28 inches and 34 inches. One 2 year colt is 28 inches.

Vicky

I always thought I would "always" have the tiny horses but have changed my ways and now prefer them 32" plus. My smallest is now Rose. She's about 30" and has been for sale forever but that's ok, I'm not in a hurry. The right person will come along and love her like I do. She's just too small for me, especialy with my stallion.

th_rose99.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently, my smallest mature horses are two 29" mares. I've had mature horses from 27.50" (Brewers Magic Moon) and mares 28" up.

I'm in the market now for a refined, pretty, pinto mare under 30"!

My smallest breeding mare is Sligo Acres Lil Logo, who is 28.5", her yearling filly stands 25.2, she is out of my Woodstock North Topaz stallion. I also have 2 yearling colts, one is my Lindales Arabian Little Dude son who now at 16 months old stands 25.5, and the other is my Woodstock North Topaz son which stands 25.7 at 15 months old. I prefer my mares to be at least 32", but have them all the way up to 34". Corinne

I have two mares that are right at 30".

Velvets Little Shadow Dancer, a.k.a. "Millie", now five years old.

nash003004.jpg

And, her half-sister, Gem Dandys TJ, a two year old.

nash003010.jpg

I also have a long yearling colt from Millie, Songcatchers Little Bitty. He was 17 inches at birth and is currently 27.75. I don't believe he will ever go over 29.

nash002001.jpg

He is very refined and I had planned to keep him as a stallion, but my two smallest mares that I really need a small stud for are his mother and his half sister (TJ, who is also half sister to Little Bitty's mother. What does that make them?
wacko.gif
) So, I'm trying to sell him in order to buy another very small stallion. He is my smallest so far.

My smallest is a 26 1/2 inch stallion,Moonlight Maverick,l who is two years old today! ! He is a wonderful boy, but unfortunately too little for my big girls, so he is up for sale. He really thinks he's quite a Romeo!

My gelding is 27 inches and so cute. At the last local show, he went in the non stock halter class. He placed second behind a 17 h Fresian stallion. The judge asked us to line up side to side so people could take pictures. Everyone at show just loved it and the owner of the Fresian asked us to pose for more pictures so she can use it on her promotions for her farm.

We are currently boarding a stallion for sale that is only a bit over 25"...he's TINY...and all man~LOL

This is Magic Mist Smokin Buck he is a 2 year old stallion and is 28". I don't think eh will get any bigger, maybe 1/2 inch....

smokin_01_f.jpg

Latest posts

Back