How are we doing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horsefeathers

Reaction score
Well... here's our little stallion again... still making progress. We have a local show coming up at the end of August. It's just an open show... mixed breed, the whole nine yards... We are lunging and building more muscle and learning proper stance and such... any suggestions. Not really looking for a hard critique, because I love him no matter what, but want him to look and be his absolute best.

Thanks,

Chris B.
saludando.gif

Sq_Pride1.jpg

His head isn't set perfect, thus not showing off his neck really well, but we're working on that...
smile.gif

Edited to say... I know his mouth looks funny... He has a great mouth, but was trying to sweet talk that treat right out of my hand... haha

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is really pretty, and he looks to be in good shape. Like all minis he could use a little more muscle, but hey don't they all
rolleyes.gif
JGood luck at your show and have fun.

Wow, How did you get him to stand there so still? It doesn't look like anyone is holding his lead. Mine wiggle too much. We are working on patience.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks... no one is holding his lead... Maybe I shouldn't divulge, but for treats... I use dog food morsels... just two or three... I don't give them to him everytime... keeps him guessing...He has come a long way
yes.gif
... Thanks again!

Chris B.

wow you have come a long way since the last pic i saw of him!! congrats to you! Do you have a pic from the side his mane lays on?? I have to say you have done a fabulous job
smile.gif

Thanks so much... We have had soooooo much fun with this little guy, and he just keeps getting better and better! (and is a beautiful mover to boot!) Here is a pic on the mane side... not as good as he is tooooo stretched in the rear and all, but since you asked....
biggrin.gif

Thanks again!

Chris B.

stretch_jus.jpg

I'm no expert but I think he looks super. His coat is shiny and healthy, he's trim and fit. Go have a blast and let us know how you make out. Remember it's not if you win or lose it's how you play the game. I love him.

the only thing i would do is dye his mane and tail black as they are so sun faded. but you may not want to do that just a suggestion. it would really set his color off if his man and tail were black. Also both look very dry so i would condition the heck out of that mane and tail. I just cant get over how much better he looks
smile.gif

Wow! Thanks for the suggestions... I had thought about dying his mane and tail. What kind of dye do you use? Any suggestions on conditioner? Right now we are using Cowboy Magic with Rose something in it... Thanks again for the compliments on his looks too... Back when we purchased him he was just a wormy ball of fuzz... I knew he had potential then, but wow... I just love him more and more everyday... and now he has bred with the little mare we just purchased... and we are hoping to see a foal from him next year!

Thanks again,

Chris B.
saludando.gif

i use the just for men hair color. Works in just minutes and keeps the mane and tail black for a long time! but it will take probably 3-4 boxes. I would do the tail one day and the mane the next day. We cut a hole in a trash bag and pull the tail thru then dye it. You have to be so careful that you dont get it on the horse. Do the same thing for the mane but BE SURE you cover his white mane hair really well. On the forelock we put vaseline around the skin so the dye stays on the forelock.

I always use shapelys mane and tail to condition. That stuff works miracles. Dont condition though until after you dye.

you should be proud of yourself and what you have done with this guy!

Here is the little mare he is bred too... Curious to see how their foal will turn out color wise.

Confirmationally, where he kinda lacks, she picks up and vice versa... We are planning to show her too.

Thanks again...

Chris B.

reg_1.jpg

Thanks again for the suggestions... His tail is especially dry and has a lot of breakage... in addition to extra conditioning... should I braid it or wrap it or anything...? Also... exactly what purpose does corn oil serve? I have heard it brightens their coat... would that help the mane and tail also?

Chris B.

I was looking through old pics today and here's what I came up with... how's this for a before and after rescue type story... we paid $350 for this little guy...

[SIZE=14pt]Before[/SIZE]

prideleft.jpg
PrideHead.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]After[/SIZE]

Sq_Pride1.jpg

Edited to say that the "Before" pictures where taken when we purchased him... about 6 or so months ago...

Last edited by a moderator:
You did an amazing tranformation! Cheers, rah, and bully for you!

WOW he is the prettiest thing.

Can I have your little mare pretty please?

You have done a fantastic job with your boy. You can be proud!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Horsefeathers said:
Well... here's our little stallion again... still making progress.  We have a local show coming up at the end of August.  It's just an open show... mixed breed, the whole nine yards... We are lunging and building more muscle and learning proper stance and such... any suggestions.  Not really looking for a hard critique, because I love him no matter what, but want him to look and be his absolute best. 
Thanks,

Chris B.
saludando.gif

Sq_Pride1.jpg

His head isn't set perfect, thus not showing off his neck really well, but we're working on that...
smile.gif

Edited to say... I know his mouth looks funny... He has a great mouth, but was trying to sweet talk that treat right out of my hand... haha

422190[/snapback]

I couldn't help but giggle
biggrin.gif
... I don't think my husband would part with her though... she is his first mini and his sweetheart... and Pride is my first mini and my sweetie...

Chris B.

PM_kisses2.jpg

aww soo sweet!!!

you have done done Great!!

how did you train him to stand alone?

i have people ask 'how do you get him to sit or rear like that?'... i thinks its great!

good luck

desiree
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
yes.gif
wub.gif

Your PULLING OUR LEG thats not the same horse. (just kidding) You did a FANTASTIC job. Good Luck!

WOW!! He looks GREAT!

Keep up the fantastic job, and be sure to let us know how he does!!
aktion033.gif

BTW, How tall is he?

-Kris

Latest posts

Back