How are things at Congress going?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Lyn
default_smile.png

Hi All,

Home from Congress, where we had one of our best yet. We brought home 13 champions, 9 reserve champions, a Senior Champion, a Junior Champion, two Reserve Seniors, a Reserve Grand and a Grand Champion. Plus all the ponies placed in the top five in all classes. My son Taylor was High Point Classic 13-17 boy and Reserve High Point Overall. There was a lot of great ponies at this years Congress with a lot of new faces. I was glad and lucky to do as well as we did.

I just got home a bit ago, had a great time. Saw Jason there
default_yes.gif
and he has some really nice ponies.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting more pictures. I was way to busy and/or tired the last few nights BUT I will get some more up tomorrow. Maybe if my bud Capt. Morgan comes out for a while I can get a few more up tonight. I'll have to fire up the laptop...where is the laptop? Anyway, I guess I can stay awake long enough to get some up.

OH..rest of my placings.

Let's see ...

Buckeye WCF Classical Imagaination

5th in Amatuer Incentive

5th in Open 2 year old under

5th in Amatuer

Wall Street Rock E Livingston

TOTALLY MISSED HIS FUTURITY CLASS -- I was so bummed when I realized this. This was my first Congress and I saw the Moderns showing in their Futurity and just figured that the Moderns were showing all morning. At one point I heard them call a Classic Futurity class but the bells and whistles upstairs didn't going off...
default_wacko.png
OH well, always next year!

So we came home with...

4th in Amatuer Incentive

1st in Open 2 year old under

7th in Amatuer

This was Baylee's first show ever! I'm so proud of him.
default_wub.png
Set up and worked well, trotted when I asked. The only thing he was unsure of was the 3 judges. Every time those big scary judges gathered around Baylee was like...umm...no way Jose', I'm not just going to stand here. So, Ernie will work with Baylee on that. Baylee will be heading to Ernie's this fall to learn to drive...zoom zoom zoom.
default_laugh.png

I better get working on those pics.........

Home from Congress, where we had one of our best yet. We brought home 13 champions, 9 reserve champions, a Senior Champion, a Junior Champion, two Reserve Seniors, a Reserve Grand and a Grand Champion. Plus all the ponies placed in the top five in all classes. My son Taylor was High Point Classic 13-17 boy and Reserve High Point Overall. Every time we looked up, Jason or Brenda or Taylor seemed to be walking out of the ring with a blue ribbon. They did a fabulous job showing their ponies and client ponies.

This was our first time at Congress, and we were thrilled with how our three double-registered (AMHR-ASPC) geldings did. D&S Double Dutch Chocolate was a standout for us, winning three National championships and three Reserve National titles as well as having 13 top fives and 14 top 10s. Also, Dutch accumulated 277 points to finish as the High-Point Pony out of the nearly 500 Foundation, Classic, Modern and ASPR ponies at Congress. Meantime, BHR JC's Primetime was the Reserve Grand Champion in the Classic Pleasure Driving Stakes Class (42-Under) and D&S Excuse My French had several top five finishes in driving and halter classes.

Entries look like they are GREAT in the classes, or is it just me???

With the new system, we can get much more accurate number counts. Although we've reported in The Journal some bigger sizes for the show, I now believe that the 2008 show was the LARGEST Congress ever and others agree. With some big Classic classes and notably huge #s in some Modern Classes like Under Studs & Ladies roadster, I am fairly confident this had to be about the largest Congress ever.

Congratulations and Thanks to Excaliber Training!

Thanks to Jason and Brenda, the Roberts familiy had the Modern Grand Champion Gelding and the Modern Reserve Grand Champion Stallion, 43" & Under ... along w/ some other placings for these ponies. We love what Excaliber accomplished with "Wally" and "Beaver" and couldn't be more pleased with their work!

Jason and Brenda also pulled together some nice accomplishments for the Napier family from Florida along w/ wins with their own Excaliber-bred stock. I've seen Jason & Brenda's foals up close in a photo shoot so I know they are pretty nice and deserved their successes.

Congrats to Taylor as well for all his youth accomplishments!

Congrats & Thanks to Showtime Training Center

Thanks to Robby Barth for his hard work with Legacy's First Love. I had a blast finally driving this game little mare. With the time Robby has put in on her, she was completely ready for me to drive ... and wow! she was wicked fast for a little pony.

Also, thanks to Showtime Training and the Barths for leasing us B&L's Rock E Show Stopper. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE Classic Gelding. Our girls and Taylor Prince won some championships and reserves with him in youth and I loved driving him to the win in Amateur Pleasure and to Reserve in the stake. Thanks go to Robby and Andrea for their work with this pony. Congrats to Andrea for her success with him in open halter as well.

[SIZE=14pt]First I want to say , I thought it was a nice location , the facility was ok lots of hotels , fast food, and a place that makes the BIGGEST PIZZA you will ever see.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
[/SIZE]

Lots of really tough competition , boy you had to work your tail off in those classes
default_yes.gif
to be in the Top 10 , all and all we thought it was a great show..

[SIZE=24pt]2008 CONGRESS RESULTS[/SIZE]
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO

ALL MY CLIENTS

!
[SIZE=12pt]2008 CONGRESS GRAND CHAMPION UNDER CLASSIC STALLION[/SIZE]

D & S KNIGHTCAP

OWNED BY LITTLE KING FARM

2008 CONGRESS GRAND CHAMPION OVER CLASSIC STALLION

DANCINGMOON BRIGHT PANHANDLER

OWNED BY

LARRY & DEBBIE LARAMORE

2008 CONGRESS GRAND CHAMPION UNDER CLASSIC MARE

CROSS COUNTRY HOLLYWOOD DREAMS

OWNED BY

LARRY & DEBBIE LARAMORE

2008 CONGRESS GRAND CHAMPION UNDER CLASSIC GELDING

BUCKEYE WCF PAPOSO IM ON FIRE

OWNED BY

LONNIE & DENISE HARDESTY

2008 CONGRESS GRAND CHAMPION FOUNDATION GELDING

BUCKEYE WCF CLASSICAL DIPLOMAT

OWNED BY

LONNIE & DENISE HARDESTY

2008 CONGRESS CHAMPION SEN. CLASSIC MARE UNDER

WALL STREET THE ADMIRAL LAMBEE PIE

OWNED BY

LISA & MIKE STASSLE

2008 CONGRESS CHAMPION GET OF SIRE

B & L ROCK E BRIGHT DAY

OWNED BY

BELINDA BAGBY

2008 CONGRESS CHAMPION CLASSIC GELDING FOAL

CROSS COUNTRY MR. BANKER

( THE YOUTH ESSAY COLT)

2008 CONGRESS CLASSIC SWEEPSTAKES CHAMPION

CROSS COUNTRY SWEET LIL SISTER

OWNED BY

BELINDA BAGBY

2008 CONGRESS CLASSIC WEANLING FILLY CHAMPION

CROSS COUNTRY SWEET LIL SISTER

2008 CONGRESS RESERVE JUNIOR CHAMPION CLASSIC UNDER STALLION

JHK ROCK E MR. PALE FACE

OWNED BY

JOHN HERRING

2008 CONGRESS FUTURITY CLASSIC 2 YR STALLION

RESOLUTE EGF

OWNED BY

JACKIE & STUFF TYLER

AND

RHAPSODY CRIMSON REIGN

CONGRESS TOP 5

RHAPSODY DIVINE DESIGN

CONGRESS TOP 5

CROSS COUNTRY KEEP THE FAITH

CONGRESS TOP 5

MARTINS MARDI GRA ELEGANT MAN

CONGRESS TOP 10

Congratulations everyone. Sounds like a great show.

The facilities were pretty nice. Just a few things I would like to see changed, that are changeable - the walkways and alleyways were really rough and you turned your ankles a lot. They didn't have enough electrical outlets for the ponies stalled there, but everyone made due fairly well. There were sporatic outages, but breakers were re-done and people were back up and running within minutes. Wednesday we had a 30 or so minute outage - but I don't think it was the facilities fault, I think I heard someone say it was a grid issue.

The wash racks had hot water all the time, and they had a real place to tie your ponies to. The bathrooms were nice and big, seemed everyone got what they needed.

It definetly was cooler at this location that Gordyville. They kept the warm up, make up and arena well groomed. They had the vendors in one location. And as Belinda said, everything was fairly handy.

It was a tough Congress, but I am proud to report my ponies did well and were in the top 10, and top 5 in their classes.

Triangle Acres Standing Ovation (2006) (2008 Top 5 Amateur & Top 10 Open Classic Mare 41"-44.5")

I Like to Move It Move It TAP (2007, Shiner X Silhouette) (2008 4th - Modern Pleasure Stallion Yearling 43" & Under)

Stocking Stuffer O.K. ( 2008 Top 10 Classic Mare 2 Year Old Over 41" - 44.5")

Ruffle My Feathers EGF (2008 National Champion Modern Pleasure 2 YR Old Mare 44.5" & Under)

Tulip (2008 National Champion ASPR Mare 2 YR Old & Under)

Trace is correct.... during the longest power outage, the power had been off for at least that section of town because the power had been off at our hotel as well. During the times I was on the grounds, that was the only outage.

The facility is brand new ... believe they just had their first show in April of this year. I am fairly positive that the Congress was the biggest thing they've done. Although we probably all agree that there are some things that could be done to improve the overall conditions, I am guessing the facility people see that as well. I can tell you this ... the facility people were all incredibly nice and efficient and professional in any of my dealings with them. I would like to see the walkways smoothed out or paved ... I am still surprised some of you weren't constantly picking me up as I usually have a tendendancy to turn my ankles simply walking across the yard!

One great thing about Cloverdale ... I have been showing my entire life (and I'll be 40 tomorrow). I have have never been to a facility that was THAT conveniently located ... about 2 minutes to the nearest grocery store and about 4-5 minutes to hotels and restaurants. Believe me ... no earlier than we got in any given night, it was a pleasant change of pace to not have to factor a 15-20 minute drive to the grounds into your morning plans. Believe me ... when you are only getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night, that extra 20 minutes can be helpful!

Hey B ... if we go back, some of us want the name of that pizza place! Congrats to you on a good show & thanks for your words of encouragement.

AHR

The pizza place is called Chicago's Pizza. The SUPER pizza was 29" in diameter, equal to 4 large pizzas. It was really good. I think it cost about $55.00, so not to bad at all especially since you could have it made up however you wanted.

We had a great show a Congress, the facility was very nice and hope to have a return trip there next year, everyone was nice and all the mentioned details are some things that would like to be addressed, but we were told that the owner had run out of funding and was hoping to have the concrete work done, but it wasn't as dirty and dusty as Gordyville.

We had various placings with our 2 year old classic gelding "Buckeye Classical Story" and was happy how things were going other than dealing with the heat but was worth the trip.

Classic Gelding Junior Champion

Classic Gelding 2 Yrs Old - Champion

Classic Model Gelding - Reserve Champion

Classic Multi-Colored Gelding - Reserve Champion

Classic Gelding Halter, Amateur Owned & Shown - 4th Place

Classic Futurity - 2 Years Old, Stallion/Gelding - 5th Place

Classic Gelding Amateur Incentive - 9th Place

We also showed a foundation classic gelding named "Michigans Like Mike" for local friends of ours and Mikie was named Champion in the Model class and was placed 9th in the foundation classic country pleasure driving stake saturday night for his first ever congress.

We also hauled Kay Baxters horse "Jet" for Carin to show and he was Reserve Champion in the Classic Junior class & also was placed Reserve in the Classic gelding 2 years old, and was 6th in his Futurity class.

Casey Waxler from "Star Lake Farm" that is close to us here locally in Pa was awarded the Essay Pony that was also named Congress Champion that was donated by Belinda, very nice pony and all Casey kept telling us while we were there was she was hoping to have a pony to take home and she was very excited to find out that she did win the pony afterall. Casey was telling me that she wanted a pony so bad and she just loves our "Story". Now she has a pony of her own to take to the 2009 shows.

Hats off to Belinda for donating that special pony and for making this little girls dream come true !

That young gelding donated by Belinda & Cross Country Farm was super eye-catching. What a great way for Casey to get started with ponies. B ... thanks for ALL you do for the kids.

Thanks also to Bill & Fran Eperthener for their donation of a Modern driving pony. I bet the little Cotter girl is thrilled. Again, what a great way to get started with ponies.

You all making those GOOD donations are the best!

Wish I had gone to the pizza place instead of the mexican food place next door. The food poisoning made the flight home very "interesting" I would again like to express my apologies for having to leave early the one night and my gratitude for Lenard Davenport taking over for me. First time something like that has happened in 29 years. Just what I needed was to get sick again this year.
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
I want to thank everyone for their good wishes and all. As usual, you folks are great.

Congratulations to all on your placings and to everyone on another great Congress!!

Mark

Just a quick list - I'll post photos later. It has been a while since I was able to personally attend Congress and we had a good year :)

Alpha Farms Isnt She Magical

Champion - 2 yr old Foundation Futurity (fillies) (shown by Renee Bush)

Champion - Classic Multi-Colored Mares

Res Champion - Foundation Mare Amateur Incentive

Res Champion - 2 yr old Foundation Mares (shown by Renee Bush)

Res Champion - Foundation Owned & Bred by Exhibitor

Alpha Farms She Must Be Magic

Res Champion - Foundation Futurity - Yearling Mares (shown by Marvin McCabe)

Also placed somewhere in foundation yearling class

(Congratulations to her new owner - Trecia Hamm)

Alpha Farms Magical Illusion

Res Champion - Foundation Colt of Current Year (shown by Leah Johnson)

3rd - Classic/Foundation Futurity - colt/geldings of current year

(Congratulations to her new owner - Trecia Hamm)

Wauk-A-Way Barbie

Res Champion - Classic Broodmare (shown by Renee Bush)

Back