How about a Classic Division in AMHA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't have a problem with a classic or breakout to draft or whatever term someone wished to use to show 'correctly' conformed minis that are more substantial in build. I won't have a problem with a light, medium and heavy build - but again well conformed. I just wouldn't want the 'draft' or classic class used as an excuse for those people that say they have 'draft or classic builds when in fact its a stumpy-heavy-bodied borderline dwarf!

Surprisingly I do get alot of people that like the 'classic' mini look over the current trend.

I personally like the majority of todays minis - the leggy, refined, longer neck look, but some have swung the pendulum to far the other way in being so refined the mature stallions look like yearling fillies! I don't like that look either.

Personally I hope I'm around to see a variety of 'miniature' horse breeds represented in miniature! Imagine the market and showing opportunities for the different mini breeds!

I know I could die happy to be breeding miniature Fresians!!!!

I wouldn't have a problem with a classic or breakout to draft or whatever term someone wished to use to show 'correctly' conformed minis that are more substantial in build. I won't have a problem with a light, medium and heavy build - but again well conformed. I just wouldn't want the 'draft' or classic class used as an excuse for those people that say they have 'draft or classic builds when in fact its a stumpy-heavy-bodied borderline dwarf!

Surprisingly I do get alot of people that like the 'classic' mini look over the current trend.

I personally like the majority of todays minis - the leggy, refined, longer neck look, but some have swung the pendulum to far the other way in being so refined the mature stallions look like yearling fillies! I don't like that look either.

Personally I hope I'm around to see a variety of 'miniature' horse breeds represented in miniature! Imagine the market and showing opportunities for the different mini breeds!

I know I could die happy to be breeding miniature Fresians!!!!

[SIZE=12pt]Exactly what I mean
default_yes.gif
Well conformed, conformationaly correct, that are more substantial in build. Not the "arab" type
default_wink.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joy[/SIZE]

To me, it seems what is really excelling now and for the past few years is more of a saddlebred type, not an "arab" type. Or maybe it's more of a thoroughbred type? We could end up with a lot of "types" if we broke out halter classes to suit everyone's taste in minis, or to suit what individuals everyone currently wants to show and do well with in minis.

Latest posts

Back