Hot Water Hoses need info please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

We still do not have hot water in our barn. At this rate we're going we may never get it. Water coming out of the spicket is freezing cold, even during the hottest months. (Its not well water.) I'm looking at alternatives and was thinking about the hot water hose and wondering if anyone has it, if its worth it? How do they hold up?

I don't know a thing about it, how it works, where to get it, cost etc? And mostly, how long it will stay warm and how to regulate the temperature it puts out. I just want it warm enough to do baths. I have an outside wash rack.

Would it also be good to use to water my buckets in the winter months too? I'm still hauling warm water out of the kitchen during freezing weather temps.

Thanks for the information.

I don't know much about them but what about an in line water heater? Thay reportedly heat water as it is being used so are a cost saver plus you never run out. I've considered checking into installing them in my house but haven't yet done any real research.

We were going to get "water on demand", then that got sidetracked to installing a small hot water heater. Since that was also put on the back burner, I finally have decided to do something on my own because I'm tired of waiting for Mr. Retirement because he has a hundred other projects lined up in front of mine. I figure I can hook up a hose.
default_yes.gif

Just a suggestion, can you hook up an additional hose to your exsisting one and hook it up to your utility sink in the laundry room, or in the kitchen then run it out the door? I know running warm water through a garden hose doesn't damage it, I do it all the time.

I have the Insta-Hot and really like it. It doesn't get cold well water "hot" but definately warm to the touch, makes a huge difference. However, in freezing weather you have to drain it after each use so water inside it doesn't freeze and break it. It has adequate water pressure on the high setting, but if you turn down the water (to increase the heat level) it will take quite a lot longer to rinse the horse.

Having said that, I would never want to be without mine. I absolutely love it. I got it instead of having a water heater in the barn, and would do the same again. Don't know how I got along without it!

I've heard good reports on this product from Schneider's:

http://www.sstack.co...washing-system/
I LOVE the Insta-Hot water heater! Hot water on demand and no holding tank - it just hooks up to the garden hose. We have very cold well water too, but we found that it does get it quite hot. We actually had to dial it down for a nice toasty-warm shower that even I wouldn't mind. The water pressure is adequate - not as much as straight from the hose, though. It was easy to assemble. We bought the cart too, so it would be portable for shows, but it could also be mounted on a wall. Won't be without it!

When you say "hot water hose" are talking about the heated hose that doesn't freeze in the winter for filling buckets? That doesn't heat the water, it just keeps the hose from freezing. The hose is electrified so the hose doesn't freeze. If you need hot water for bathing the horses, than you need a heater and the Insta Hot is great for that. It does take a small propane tank hook up to it to heat the water and this is super. My pony club and a member has purchased 6 of them so that we will have 2 in each wash rack at the show that we sponsor and we never run out of hot water, even with everyone using them all day and almost all night long for 3 days.

Donna123 is correct, the hoses only keep the water from freezing so the hose is usable. It is great for filling insulated or heated buckets. We also have a valve we can turn on for hot water at the spigot, the heated hose just keeps the line free from ice. I have also heard great things about the hot water on demand, my brother has one for camping to use for an outside shower and outside sink at camp grounds.

Latest posts

Back