Hot Hot Hot!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilhorseladie

Reaction score
Well it is so hot in Nebraska, the pool water is 88 degrees... The temp was 102 with an index of 114. My mare, Susie, hates a bath, but today when I put her away and squirted her with the hose, she stayed right there instead of running.

hotsusie.jpg

hottrip.jpg

hotsusietrip.jpg

Then to keep your skin soft, you roll in the mud
smile.gif

hotmud.jpg

But the boys, ran from the hose, here is Cloud avoiding me like the plague...

hotcloud.jpg

And my stallion Stormy who also ran, but was checking out a wet Cloud

hotboys.jpg

When all the fun is over, they need a nap!

hottrip2.jpg

Yup they will learn to appreciate it won't they in this stupid heat?

This is me and Holly every day. And I mean E V E R Y D A Y ! For all the good it does. And all the others too, every day, every single day, so they can go right back and flop in the blasted mud. This heat and rain just stinks and it's so darn steamy.

hsoapunderneath.jpg

Did I mention this is us everyday?

I saw a great tip on another forum I visit today. Someone took water and jello powder (or juice mix) and filled a bowl with it, inserted one end of a rope with a knot to hold the ice on and froze it. The she popped it out of the bowl and hung it in her stalls... it looked sooo cute and her horses were eating and enjoying them! They looked like they were having all kinds of sticky messy fun!

It suppose to get 108 here ugghhh, but no humidity so if you are the shade its do able. I have fans in the barn and shade outside. Uggghhh I need a cold front and some rain!

Latest posts

Back