Hosting Online Miniature Horse Shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erickson Miniature Horses

Reaction score
Has Lil' Beginnings ever hosted an online miniature horse show, or have you ever considered hosting one?
I think that Lil' Beginnings would be a great place to hold an online miniature horse show, because of the tremendous amount of miniature horse owners that are active daily on the forum. I think that many people would be very interested in entering them.
The list of shows that could be hosted seems endless! Jumping, driving, agility, halter, costume, liberty, tricks, showmanship, etc.
Some shows would be judged by photos, while others will require videos. The videos could be sent to the judges through Gmail, Facebook, or YouTube.
We could ask for volunteers from the forum to be judges for each category, but of course they would have to experience (training/showing) in their category.
Most shows would be free to enter, although some could have a small entry fee ($1-5) and the money would go towards ribbons/prizes for the winners.
Online shows are great for people who-
•Cannot afford to go to real shows.
•Have owner/horse health problems which makes traveling to shows difficult.
•Own a mini that cannot focus at shows because of mares, stallions, crowds.
•Want to know how their mini would do in a real show and decide if they need more training.
•Simply want to have fun with their minis.
The shows could be held monthly and the entries could have between the 1-20th of each month to send in their videos/photos. They would be judged and the results posted within a few days.
I hope that you greatly consider what I have presented for you! I would be more than happy to help you work out the details and host an online miniature horse show! Lil'beginnings already offers so many fun and educational resources for mini horse owners I think that adding online miniature horse shows would prove to be a wonderful decision!
If you think that holding online miniature horse shows is something you would be interested in doing please reply below or contact me in a private message.
Anna Erickson of Erickson Miniature Horses

I'm pretty sure that LB did put on the first online show...or maybe I'm remembering wrong and I just learned about it here. I entered it with a Stallion I had at the time. I do know it was a l o n g time ago, like before the new forum in 03. Maybe Carol or Mona remember.

I haven't recieved any answers from anyone yet, maybe I am asking the wrong people? Is there someone specifically that I should message? I'm not too familar with all the admins/moderators and who is in charge of what.

I know that REO is the entertainment coordinator, should I be discussing this with her?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Debby^^
default_smile.png

I like the idea. I don't have a truck or trailer, so getting to shows is a huge undertaking, plus they always seem to be on Sundays, which is especially challenging for me. I hope this works out.

I'd like to participate!! Maybe we could alternate show months and game months? That would give us fun AND educational activities every month. :)

I'd particularly like this if I could get comments. "You did this well....this needs improvement." Also, comments on why placing were placed the way they were would also be great.

Anything educational that helps train me and my eye I'm with 100%!!

Latest posts

Back