HOSS TRADERS!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffian

Reaction score
Yep - I'm officially a 'Hoss Trader"

And everybody is happy! I had a real nice little bay yearling colt. Well bred, just didn't need him. I found a nice little filly on line and started chatting. Turns out she was looking for a "gelding prospect" Ta Dah! TRADE!

Then talking to another friend, and she had been looking at this same filly, but never made a connection. While checking her web page I see a beautiful big driving gelding. Hmmmm. Quick e-mail - Wanna trade?? YES!!

So 2 trades later, I have a new driving gelding - ROADSTER! -

another person has their perfect "Gelding Prospect"

and Yet another has a filly out of their favorite bloodlines!

I'll let them do their announcements.

Everybody's happy - Hoss Trading can be a GOOD THING!
default_saludando.gif
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

I am the new proud owner of Secret, a son of the fabulous Candyland's Best Kept Secreat. Can't wait to hook him!

PLUS while up visiting, Sarah Organias noticed my little 2YO stallion, and she's taking him on for training. Good Luck LDS RAGING KOMOTION!

I think he will R O C K !! Thanks Sarah. It was great visiting with Sarah, Kay, and Marcia - we could have talked all night!

No pics?! Which Secret son? The one that Whitneyville used to own? Congrats!

Actual Horse trading is great. Everyone gets what they want.

I think the trading gets a bad name becase horse Dealers are generally referred to as traders. Atleast that is my humble opinion.

But what you did, Congratulation! Everyone ends up happy, I have done it before too!

I see no problems with horse trading, I traded a mare for a driving stallion and both her new owner and I couldnt be happier with our horses! Congrats on all your new horses, make sure and post pictures of them!

I wanna see!!! Congrats Dana!!

I've traded horses in the past. As long as everyone is happy, there's nothing wrong with it!
default_smile.png

I guess there's a difference between trading horses and "horse traders".

YPB <----pssst! Hey!!! POKE!
default_laugh.png

We are doing it too Dana,
default_biggrin.png
the kids are leaving the Friday after Easter to DE to make the switch. It is so exciting.

Can't wait to see your new guy. So are you doing roadster with him?

Had a wonderful time traveling around visiting farms with Sarah and Kay from Rosemill training this weekend, and doing some horse trading! I am absolutely delighted with my new little mare, had so wanted her when I saw her advertised but just could not make it work. Though I will miss Secret, he is such a good boy and so loves to drive...and that trot!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
I am so excited to have my new little girl home!! Thanks Dana! I know you will have a great time with Secret!

(Got to see the handsomest stallion around too and one of the cutest little colts ever!)

Congradulations, glad it worked out for you. I laughed a little bit remebering last year when we got in the middle of a 4 way trade which was a real trip when all four parties met here at the farm to work out the "Deal".
default_wink.png

Ladie a had a colt ladie b wanted. Ladie c had a filly that ladie a wanted, ladie d owed lady a some money on a previous deal to lady a and we had a filly ladie c wanted. So they all met swapped some dollars and some horses. All went home with what they wanted, but it was a blast to watch the whole deal from the outside as the dickering and working back/forth with each other. I was so glad I was not in it as these ladies were tough and knew exactly what/how they were going to get it. LOL
default_new_shocked.gif

default_new_shocked.gif
I just traded colts yesterday! First time I've ever traded horses. I traded my going to be B sized AMHR pinto colt for a Super tiny Might make it to 31" A/R dun colt. Both are yearlings. Just diff colors and sizes. Anyebody wanna trade a A/R buckskin pinto colt for a dun one? lol

We also enjoyed spending the day in Michigan looking @ every ones pretty horses! I very excited about our 2010 show string!!

Latest posts

Back