Horsestudbook???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadyacersminis

Reaction score
Where did they come from... I havent been on here much in the last 2 years or so while I was living away from the farm.... Ive missed soo much..... I was on AMHA and happened to catch a link to horsestudbook.com and figured Id give it a try, signed up and finally had time the other day to check it out.... It is nothing like I expected.... It has all the information I used to get when I had both of the stud books
default_new_shocked.gif
They have all my horses listed and they are up to date on mine, even down to a filly I just registered with AMHR less than 30 days ago.... How did they get both registys to give them all thier studbook info... Its great to be able to load pics to your horses and pull up a picture pedigree..... Im just a little confused since they dont have any information about them or the website..... Just a place to click to go to the different breed registrys.... It looks to me like the registrys are trying to make a more interactive studbook... Im just shocked on what I have been able to find... How did this thing start... It seems like they have almost all the info for both registrys in one place....

www.horsestudbook.com is the official replacement for the old online studbooks by both AMHA and AMHR.

That is exactly the impression I got from it.... I do see alot of kinks to work out, But I really like the idea of how it works...

Where did they come from... I havent been on here much in the last 2 years or so while I was living away from the farm.... Ive missed soo much..... I was on AMHA and happened to catch a link to horsestudbook.com and figured Id give it a try, signed up and finally had time the other day to check it out.... It is nothing like I expected.... It has all the information I used to get when I had both of the stud books
default_new_shocked.gif
They have all my horses listed and they are up to date on mine, even down to a filly I just registered with AMHR less than 30 days ago.... How did they get both registys to give them all thier studbook info... Its great to be able to load pics to your horses and pull up a picture pedigree..... Im just a little confused since they dont have any information about them or the website..... Just a place to click to go to the different breed registrys.... It looks to me like the registrys are trying to make a more interactive studbook... Im just shocked on what I have been able to find... How did this thing start... It seems like they have almost all the info for both registrys in one place....
How do you get the horsestud book updated? They only have two horses listed that I owned years & years ago! I have been a member of both reg. for years.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that some horses that have been in my name for 6mos are still showing under the prior owner's name, but other info seems to be pretty current, which confuses me.

I dont' care about the AMHR part, never check it, but the AMHA has been updated for show points through 2007 and horses that I transfered in Dec. are updated. I really do like the stud book, you can find out so much more information on horses if you just look around. If will be much better once they update more regularly.

And they could be updating at different times since they are two different organizations and the studbooks have nothing to do with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that may be what I'm seeing, Karen. If I remember right, my '07 Big City babies show in my name on the AMHA side, but not the AMHR side.

Don't assume just because the show results are "updated," that they are correct. They sure screwed up my mare's points from last year.

Don't assume just because the show results are "updated," that they are correct. They sure screwed up my mare's points from last year.

I hate to correct , but when referring to ""THEY"" the office personal from each registry is responsible for putting in the information , not the person owning the software... So if there are mistakes you need to call the office for which assoc. you are having a problem..
default_wink.png

I never said that I was blaming the owner of the software. I simply said her points were messed up. Then I took a little time to feed my horses. Now that I'm back in the house, I can take action on my issue.

Latest posts

Back