Horsestudbook.com seems to be getting better

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disneyhorse

Reaction score
I never had the studbooks online, never really wanted to pay for them because the benefits weren't worth the money since I only own a couple horses at a time.

Well, a while back I had logged on to the horsestudbook.com site and it was not very complete. It had very little AMHR info on it.

Well....

Now it seems they have a LOT of pictures and information on there now. As each horse gets registered, they put the info and the picture in there!

When you first sign in, if you click "Horses" it will randomly bring up, in order, the newest registered or transferred horses. I know this because my 2008 filly JUST was posted there today by ASPC. It's kind of cool cuz I know she's registered, her number, even before I get the papers mailed back to me.

Well now I'm sort of addicted... I go on there and log in just to see the "newest" horses and ponies out there. It's got PICTURES which is just the coolest thing. It's interesting to see the registration pictures, too.

Anyway, has anyone else got this "bug" or is it just me???

default_laugh.png

I have now spent a couple hours trying to get to know this site; it has some points on the right hand side that are "SP" which I assume are "Show Points" but some have a negative sign in front of the number. What does that mean? And I see they are only show points for this year, by looking at my own horses who have shown this year and in the past.

Not all my horses transfers are up-to-date because I think they were transferred before the site was updated, but it seems they are really on top of the newest registrations now!

Thank you AMHR/ASPC for letting us common-folk members explore and learn more about the horses and ponies in our registry!

Andrea

Is anyone else not being able to get up the AMHA book on horsestudbook? I am not seeing it..
default_sad.png

The AMHA isnt on there anymore -- I believe they had a disscussion on here last week about that -- I think AMHA decided not to use it or something.

I am also really enjoying using this -- It is very handy to be able to look up info -- I only wish it had colors listed on some of the horses as well because without the pictures if there is no color listed you dont know.. But I think overall it is great.

The AMHA isnt on there anymore -- I believe they had a disscussion on here last week about that -- I think AMHA decided not to use it or something.

I am also really enjoying using this -- It is very handy to be able to look up info -- I only wish it had colors listed on some of the horses as well because without the pictures if there is no color listed you dont know.. But I think overall it is great.
I believe you can get the colors by clicking on the white box on the left side of the information line for each horse; this opens up a whole page about the horse. [i think that's how it works, its been awhile since I've been on HorseStudbook.com.]

Edited to add: it must have been the AMHA section that had coat colors listed when you clicked on the white box. I just checked and the AMHR horses only show mane color.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back