HORSESTUDBOOK.COM is it working for anybody for AMHR?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
I'm trying to look up some info. Worked fine yesterday. Now all of the sudden today its not working and I can't find AMHR anywhere.

AMHR/ASPC/ASPR did not renew the contract with horsestudbook.com .... I think they are working on finding a different site that is more user friendly (I thought it was great, but the show managers and people at the office I guess had trouble with it?) and cheaper....

I used HSB about every day and am sad that the contract was not renewed,,,hopefully they find something that is as useful and easy to use....

Nope, AMHR no longer uses it. Stay tuned for something new...

Andrea

It appears from the site itself that more then just our own registry dropped the program. I hope instead of investing in another program we work on updating what we already have

Either way I am glad the program is finally dropped and we can cut our losses, learn our lessons and move on to find a program that meets our needs

I know another registry dropped it because after spending a lot of time and money on it, the site could not deliver what was promised/needed. Hopefully they will come up with something better.
default_smile.png

It appears from the site itself that more then just our own registry dropped the program. I hope instead of investing in another program we work on updating what we already have Either way I am glad the program is finally dropped and we can cut our losses, learn our lessons and move on to find a program that meets our needs
What Program are the Show mag. useing ?

Horsestudbook seemed to have so much potential, I liked it, but apparently lots of problems since AMHA and AMHR have now both dropped it. Surely there is a workable program out there.
default_smile.png
AQHA may have developed their own, but it's fantastic and allows you access to so much more information. AQHA also has lots of money to spend on it lol.

Jan

Thats disappointing. I really liked the program, but you could see that the office had issues with it by not updating registry info every day and not putting up ALL the show results. I wonder how much money they had lost from using this program kind of like AMHA with what happened to them.

I think AMHR needs to find something that they can actually own and build it from there. I still like their old studbook but unlike horsestudbook.com it doesn't have pictures which is what I really liked about that website.

I never did go to the stud book on line, but I pray that they never come up with something that puts pictures of my horses on it without my permission or lets other people put pictures up of my horses. I thought that was terrible.

On, the other hand, think what a good money maker it would be for the registry, if we charged to put our pretty pictures on. Just an idea.

Dang, and I just loaded my horses' pictures on there not more than 4 days ago.

As for the registry not keeping up, I was totally surprised to find my new horse, which we only sent in papers for the beginning of this month, and his picture on there. Oh well, it seems as soon as something comes along that I start to like (food, TV shows, etc.) it gets pulled from the market!

Back