Horse Video editing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
I have video of the Midland Michigan AMHR show that I want to doll up. Is there any FREE programs out there to add titles and cut and paste sections together and maybe add music.

I use Windows Movie maker, its free, and you can add music, titles, effects, transitions, etc. Its a great program and I have done many projects with it!

Windows Movie Maker will not accept a mov. file video. Only takes pics for a slide show presentation.

You will have to install a converter and a compressor first. It's a total pain.

Thanks guys I checked out the Movie Maker and "think" I have it figured out for videos people have emailed me. HOWEVER I CAN'T GET THE STUPID VIDEOS OFF MY CAMCORDER!!!!!!!!!! USB cable downloaded drivers etc etc etc.....I will try and interpret the manual AGAIN tonite.

Marty where the HECK have you been WOMAN? The videos your trying to download did they come from your camcorder?

I need an "I'm with stupid" T-Shirt with the arrow pointing up at MY head!

I also use Windows Movie Maker and love it. It's easy to use and does work with video, music, text, etc. If I can do it... anyone can!

Ducky -->

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows Movie Maker will not accept a mov. file video. Only takes pics for a slide show presentation.You will have to install a converter and a compressor first. It's a total pain.
You can do it, go to papajohns site, on the left side of the screen it shows

[SIZE=18pt]"Movie Maker - Converting MOV Files"[/SIZE]

http://www.papajohn.org/

I'd like to see it when you get it done. How much of the show did you video??

Thanks

Filipowicz, I found the file after a little searching but your link didn't go directly there. You have to click on "Import Movie Source File" on the left menu bar, then "Video," then scroll down to MOV and click on that. Thanks for the resource!
default_saludando.gif

Leia

Filipowicz, I found the file after a little searching but your link didn't go directly there. You have to click on "Import Movie Source File" on the left menu bar, then "Video," then scroll down to MOV and click on that. Thanks for the resource!
default_saludando.gif

Leia
Sorry about that, the link was to the site. I mentioned that the 'specific info' was on the left hand side. Didn't have time to go into details had to go out to feed.
default_wacko.png

Yes you guys that do it that way in movie maker are limited to 10MB that way and have to edit your movies and cut out parts etc. and you loose a lot of quality. The movies I made like that are nasty, evil. If you convert and compress first, you don't have to loose a bunch of your movie at all and the quality is better.

Marty where the HECK have you been WOMAN? The videos your trying to download did they come from your camcorder?

I have no idea how to get it off your cam corder!

I have been right here! Well not as much as I used to be. Can't check in daily no more I don't have internet at work and I'm overloaded with work as it is so can't be cheating. We must get ready to talk autumn/fall/harvest season soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you guys that do it that way in movie maker are limited to 10MB that way and have to edit your movies and cut out parts etc. and you loose a lot of quality.
I don't think that's true, Marty. The videos I made on my computer with that program are huge. YOUTUBE compresses the quality to be about 10% of what it is on my laptop.

At first, it wasn't "clicking" with me how to do the videos so I set it aside for a few hours and when I came back to it, it did click and was so easy and fun! I wish that YouTube didn't compress them so, but then no one would want to spend all day waiting for them to load, so I do understand.

Ruffian I only videoed (is that a word?) Martha of Pine Ridge Farm during the country pleasure driving class. It was her first drive with Destiny Calls and she KICKED BUTT. I promised I would give her a copy of the video but after looking at it, it needs BIG TIME DOCTORING. Looks like the camera woman is affected with severe focus problems and a SERIOUS case of the shakes.

Were you there? I would have been happy to have videoed you (such as it is) if I would have known.

I spent all day Saturday with Martha and met Jenn from Alvadar. I called them "THE AMAZONS" they are both TALL and BLOND and VERY CAPABLE. I felt like the resident midget.

THANKS FARMHAND your a GODSEND!

That newsgroup you sent me to answered my question on downloading from my PV-GS19. I need a lEEE1395 Firewire!

Latest posts

Back