Horse Transport...need info tonight!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrescentMinis

Reaction score
Help! I've never had a horse shipped before and am looking at one that would need to be transported about 900 miles. I found some old threads that discussed this, 2005-6 people were paying amazingly low rates like .57/mile. Those were the days
default_rolleyes.gif

Please share.....I really need some kind of a rough idea of what people have been charged lately with all the increased fuel costs, in order to know if I can afford to even make an offer on the horse!

Here is what Ive recently paid:

Miniature Colt from Ohio to Las Vegas $385

Selle Francais Mare from Oregon to Idaho $425

Ive inquired about miniature transportation through a few companies and most have been in the $400 range.

Hope this helps??

Just last week I just put out a bid on UShip (www.uship.com, owned by ebay) for a horse to travel 930 miles from MA to KY and the quotes came back between $675 and $1300. We decided to accept an offer for a box stall in an air-ride semi going direct for $725 (they asked $800 but since they were going from MA to KY anyways they accepted a counter-offer). All in all the rates were from $0.75 to $1.25/mi.

We did get an offer for someone to RIDE the (lame) horse for "only" $400.... said he could get him here in a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Mock2 and Nathan! Really appreciate the detailed info.

Nathan, I posted a Uship request yesterday but hadn't heard back from any shippers. I'm glad you found a decent hauler through them....the "riding" the lame horse to you offer made me giggle
default_rolleyes.gif

2 mini mares and 1 suckling filly. AR to VA (1,000 miles) last month, $660

1 mini mare, ME to VA, 620 miles, last month, $400

You get discounts with more than one horse coming from the same location.

In my experience, Hauled Wright will get back to you with a quote VERY quickly and they do a superior job of taking care of your horses on the road and of loading / unloading them for you. LOVE them. They did the above trips for me last month. http://www.hauledwright.com/

I've also always been very pleased with Sharrway They've hauled for me repeatedly, including mare with young foal. http://www.sharrway.com/

Within 30 minutes of listing on UShip we had calls coming in... and they didn't stop for 5 hours at 9pm. The next morning we got another half dozen calls. All in all between UShip and Traveling Horse we had over 12 quotes, 3/4 of which were under $1000.

Geez, my timing must have been really off last night (of course, making that kind of request late on a Friday and expecting tons of answers quickly is a stretch), because I've had one quote come back, it was 575.00, so not too bad at all.

I will check out HauledRight and Sharrway, thank you very much for the recommendations!

I agree completely with Jill's response so you can second that for me.

Hauled Wright and Sharrway!
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back