Horse Starvation In My Area

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenay

Reaction score
It all started with a news report.

A horse starved to death in a town 20 minutes drive from me. http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/13760/BC/CA/ .

Situation #2: I find a VERY thin possible quarterhorse up the street from me. I made the mistake of offering extra food for the horse. Owners still have not got in contact with me. I now think that poor horse has been moved. His body scale was maybe a 2 or a 3.

I'm really losing faith in humanity.

:Edit---think this may be the farm that Buddy's-(my mini horse) dam and sire were at
default_no.gif
. I can't comment anymore on this situation until I know full details.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a farm somewhere near us with fifty hungry minis on it. People were dropping feed for them over the winter as they could. I did not know about them until they all disappeared. People want to know what happened to them. The sheriff is looking into where they went. So far we don't know anything except they were in sad shape and are now gone....

This is something that I will never be able to understand!!!!!!!!!!! How can people go to bed every night with a full belly, but their animals are going hungry????? It just makes me soooooo sad.

Your telling me !

My horse looked like this September of last year:

May2006Molly.jpg

Two boarding stables later this is what I have...

5-16-08Molly-1.jpg

God, I'd hate to see her if I hadn't been feeding her pounds of senior feed and beet pulp along with purchasing hay separate myself over the past 6 months, since, you know, boarding stables these days don't include food of any kind or a clean stall.....
default_no.gif

Last edited:
Awww!--- Your poor mare Nicole
default_no.gif
. It's sad to hear when a beautiful horse like that goes downhill---any horse for that matter. Hoping the best for you and your mare. From what i've read, I can see you love your horses very much, and will get them back in good weight/shape soon enough
default_smile.png

:Kim

Latest posts

Back