horse shows in SC?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyjoy85

Reaction score
I would like to show my mini stallion with AMHA, but there are no shows within 5 or 6 hours of here (Upstate South Carolina). Is there a way to get some shows lined up for next year that are closer for those of us who want to show our minis out here without driving so far? Or, are there people out here who just put on a local non-amha mini show? I have gone to a "big horse" show, but could only do two classes. I was there for a grand total of 1 hour with registration and classes and no competition. Any ideas?

I would love to go to the Williamston shows, but it's 7.5 hours from me (gas, classes, stall, motel, health certificate=more money than i can spend on a show)
default_sad.png

Thanks for the link for the wncmhc. I will look into it more. It looks like it's based about 2 hours from me, so that could be do-able.

WNCMHC is planning a mini fun show in mid June 2013. It will be open to registered and nonregistered minis. Possibly even a couple mini donkey classes too. We have a meeting planned on 9-9 at 2:30 with a nutritional information guest speaker. We are AMHR sanctioned at this time, but if we can manage it in the future, may do some AMHA also. We will be holding clinics next spring in order to get more people ready to show (Coggins clinic, clipping clinic, etc). We do some "fun dates" at the farm to work on our skills in the ring and just enjoy being with other mini folks.

Takes time to get our feet on the ground and looking for input from all mini owners in our area to form the best possible fun show we can next year.

You are welcome to come check us out
default_smile.png
No charge to attend.

Latest posts

Back