Horse Show!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sun Runner Stables

Reaction score
Who says mini's cant be ridden? Here is my teenest kid Kara, on my mini Neo. They kick butt as you can see!

IMG_1472.jpg

Horse showing is Hard work! Here's kara laying out in the sun with Neo, blissfully eating All the grass he could stuff into his craw, the fat thing! Kara caught me taking pic's, and was more then happy to pose with her pony.

IMG_1479.jpg

(Everyone wanted to steal him from me! He is such a good boy, it makes me sad that she'll out grow him, but I'm sure another kid will come along that will be a suitable mount for him!)

Here's Kara's big sister Alexa on her mare Goldie! They did Great! This was Goldie's first horse show, and we were Very proud of her!!

IMG_1475.jpg

And I somehow don't have pic's of all the others, most likely as we got all Sorts of busy in the afternoon, but here's a fun shot of all the girls hanging out with each other under the shade. All of my horses ground tie, and are more then used to each other thanks to summer camp, so pardon the somewhat sketchy closeness of all of them. We have Cora with Punky, the mostly soild bay who's head you can't see, Lexa with her awesome mare Goldie again, Kara with Neo, and Tori with my fav mare Sassy. I'm missing my second in command Caro on my gelding obe, and one of my other girls, Sam on her horse Cody... Busy busy!

IMG_1489.jpg

Those are great shots. You are such a wonderful influence on these girls! Thanks for sharing.
default_yes.gif
:

Leia

Oh wow - ok I noticed the ribbons say PBCMP on them... is this a new facilty for PBMP?

I use to show out at the PBCMP shows for fun as a teenager but if that's the same grounds they have WAY updated the place it looks really nice.

I'd take a guess about hurricanes coming thru.

I now live in Dallas TX area and its neat to see that Posse is still around and kicking one way or the other... thanks for reminding me of my few times showing my little first mare. :aktion033:

Sorry edit to say ALL your kids and horses look great and happy

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup that Is Posse, man you got a close eye! The show moved to a state of the art facility across the street from Oakaheelie state park off of Forrest Hill, and it's Lovely! The hurricanes wern't the kicker, the motivator was the Humongous super Wal Mart they put in across from the old Posse grounds, land value went way up, and county already had this place (The Jim Bradon Show Center) already in the works.
default_smile.png

Barnbum, yes, this is as full of a time job as I get, I also am going to school full time for my RN, and then my NP, and intern at a local Dr.'s office for my hours.

I am kinda fussy about my students, I Hate Hate Hate teaching kids that don't Really want to ride. If you don't want to show, no worries, but you will Not flop around on My horses backs because your mum thinks it's a grand idea. I tend to have very loyal clients, and I am very loyal in return. I Really care about these kids, about their school work, their lives, and also, their riding.

The girls Do have their squabbles, (They Are girls) but normally the hormones settle down quick and as we Are a show team, kicking butt becomes a higher goal then haveing a more expensive halter. Thank you for all the kind words, and for letting me share!

No wonder I didn't recognize it. I would have the old one as I've shown there and my thorouhbred I had got loose and ran all over it. I was registering for classes so had no clue and they caught him and no one told me until after I had ridden and was through. :bgrin

That answers my PM to you.
default_yes.gif
:

Amanda

That's cool - I am glad to hear they are keeping a little itty bit of horse country. the last time I went there was for a friends wedding and I lived there half my life as a youth (west palm/lake worth area) and I am trying to give out of towners directions but in the car I was SO out of place with the changes and this was 2 years ago... country that it use to be in Royal palm is moving to the very edge of the swamp. property values are crazy silly I have no idea how I'd pay my taxes if I still lived there and had land.

I SO miss being able to go to Winter Equestrian festable and watch grand prix and olypmic level riding for a fun afternoon... now I am lucky to see it on tv once in a while....

I am trying to think of the farm in Boyton was mostly polo pony people but they sold it .... somewhere in 1998 and I remb driving past that area on the turnpike and cryed when the tore down all the barns and then frowning at even MORE houses popping up.

I also LOVE your girls going out to hack - the first place I ever leased a horse from was by one of the old dumps (600 plus acres) front was pasture back we carved trails in... would go in the cannel and go across to another lot... the canals always freaked me out. Someone had her horse get its foot stuck in a pallet and cut it up real bad panicing... and since you can't see the bottom of most of them I stoped playing so much after that. and the towel across the saddle

--- MANY Thank yous for making me remb the good old days of summer where me and my best friend LIVED at the barn and where happier than ANYtHING else to be doing so. It's been a long time since I thought of the "rider tan" where the insides of your legs are snow white and the outter is all deep tan!!! Funky farmer tan LOL

I think I still have my first 2 ribbons out of the 4 classes I did with Sugar Babe somewhere in a momento box... we got a 1st in something western... there were only 3 people in the class but I was beyond cloud 9 that we got a first.

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Have fun mentoring the kids, I never had funds for training so I just winged it and rode... (creating bad habits that took SO much time to undo) and before I had the money to have one of my own rode anything someone was willing to let me... now that I am older I look back and thank God he watched over me... I rode some CRAZY green broke horses. Now that I have bills and an older I take ALOT more care on what I am willing to get on LOL

Latest posts

Back