HORSE SHOW RESULTS!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~katie~

Reaction score
My stallion Leo (pictured below) did TERRIFIC for me in the showing yesterday! We entered in jumping, in-hand trail obstacle, halter, and costume! Unfortunately, I didn't have anyone who could take pics of us the the ring but here are the placings! By the way, the is a local open show just for minis 38" and under. He competed in Junior Stallion by the way. This isn't a AMHA/AMHR show. . .

2st Place Junior Stallion Halter 34-38"

Top 5 Supreme Junior Stallion Halter 34-38"

1st Place Junior Stallion Jumping 34-38"

3rd Place Junior Stallion In-Hand Trail Obstacle 34-38"

1st Place Junior Stallion Open Constume 34-38"

WOW we cleaned up huh? I couldn't believe all those ribbons! This is only his SECOND SHOW too! WIPPEE! Imagine all the ribbons and carrots he'll get lol! By the way his headshot is in my Avatar Picture!

leonew4.jpg

Wow!!

I wish you the same success with your upcoming shows, you did GREAT!
aktion033.gif

Actually both his testicles have dropped but I'm waiting for the right one to lower just a bit more so I can get him gelded (up to my parents) and I really think he's cute and he's my precious one!

**There were about 6-10 horses in each class give or take a few I was more concerned with my boy than the others lol. ALL the horses looked TERRIFC!**

Last edited by a moderator:
aktion033.gif
Well gotta love him! He's almost a twin to our Buddy! Only he's just under 34" He is 33.50.33.50 depending on weight, hoof length

Congratulations, you dod so well!

Maxine

Congrats. ONe thing thou, you said he competed as a junior stallion. HOw old is he? IF he is under 3 you should NOT be jumping him.

Ashley said:
Congrats.  ONe thing thou, you said he competed as a junior stallion.  HOw old is he?  IF he is under 3 you should NOT be jumping him.
426756[/snapback]

I jumped him on small crossrails that were'nt even an inch off the ground. It was safe, I can assure you because my vet is like my show manager and he assured me that they'd be ok. Leo is almost 3 anyways.

I dont care how tall a jump is. Jumping is the hardest thing on a animal and should not be done at all before they are 3.

But then again, if you dont care wether or not you could potentally ruin his legs go ahead.

Ashley said:
I dont care how tall a jump is.  Jumping is the hardest thing on a animal and should not be done at all before they are 3.
But then again, if you dont care wether or not you could potentally ruin his legs go ahead.
Ashley, that was snippy and uncalled for. She cares about her horse! Yes, jumping is hard on a horse and should not be done with a young animal. But "jumping" to me means flying over an obstacle and landing hard. It sounds like all this horse had to do was take a big stride and hop over a low cross-rail, which they do a lot worse than in their pastures all the time. There's also a big difference between constant forced training and a one-time course of hop-overs. I'm sure she was watching her horse for signs of unhappiness. I bet he had more fun then she did!

Besides, three is not a magic number. Three is a guideline based on when the animal's bones have matured, and some horses are ready sooner or later than others. There's no magic that says if he's reached his third birthday he's magically okay to jump. There is also the fact that minis are not carrying the weight of a rider so low crossrails are even less of a concern then they are for a big horse. I hardly think she's abusing her horse or risking his future by the course she described. I've seen plenty of people doing much worse damage to their yearlings by halter training them! Sure their legs are fine, but their little minds are blown all to he77. Maybe that's not the case with most minis, but it sure was with Arabs.

I'd rather see a young horse having fun starting light performance training a little early with a loving owner then being miserable but "responsibly handled" at halter.
yes.gif

Leia

aktion033.gif
Congratulations! Sounds like you had a great day!
aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back