Horse sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sitting here feeling grateful that I did not go!!! I have bought ALL the horses I want for some time to come but from the sounds of it, I would not have had the will power to remember that I have bought ALL the horses I want for a long time!!!

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]I was at that sale too....sold my black and white stallion Blue and he was one of the only 2 that brought over 1000.... The Boogerman Black stallion that I didnt see brought 1600. Blue brought 1125 .... Amy I hope that he wasnt the one you didnt like..... anyway the next highest selling stallion was 600. most were in the 350 dollar range and there wre some that only brought bids of 150 and were no saled.... there were lots of bred little mares that sold for under 1000. There were three that I loved but since my husband said I better not bring home anything but money.... I let Goughs borrow my trailer to take their 3 home. I thought that two of the Reece family horses were awesome and my best friend Cheryl Powell took a hawk daughter home for PEANUTS at 1200. It was definitely a buyers sale.[/SIZE]Lyn

426708[/snapback]

NO LYNNE-- I WAS AT A SALE IN ONTARIO,CANADA-- JUST 6 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE-- GUESS WE ALL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS EH?

[SIZE=14pt]Pocket Ponies name is also Amy. She and I were at the same sale.[/SIZE]

Lyn

OK I give. I am ready to reaveal the story of the Black pinto mare and filly. A friend of ours was looking for a driving horse for her husband as a surprize as he has fallen in love with the driving minis. She saw this mare at the sale , spoke to the owners , and found out what an awesome horse she really is.The problem is her barn is now full except for this mare and she did not want the filly. Next story. My husband and I have been helping her for quite some time getting her horses and introducing her to showing and getting supplies for her horses. She was aware that my husband had lost a black and white show filly several years ago and he was still pretty sad about it . He had been looking for another black and white but it has been hard to find one that lived up to Josies standards ( the filly we lost). and also that we could afford.
no.gif
When she bought the mare and foal at the auction she turned to my husband and said I want to give you the filly .
ohmy.gif
We are both speechless. We are not used to being on the recieving end . We are all about helping everyone else but not used to being helped. Needless to say its hard for my husband to accept such a selfless gift but he is really loving this little filly. She is so beautiful. Please those of you that know this lady don't call her or send e-mails as her husband is still not aware that she has this awesome driving horse for him. She wants to get the filly weaned at our place and we will have the mare ready for him to drive . Then she will surprize her husband with the whole package of cart harness and horse. This is such a wonderful gift, and we are still not comfortable with accepting it. There is no way my husband could have afforded a filly of this quality . We are very grateful.
yes.gif
and still speechless.
new_shocked.gif
maryann

[SIZE=14pt]What a great story and congradulations to everyone involved. That was an AWESOME mare![/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]I guess it has been established that there are two sales being talked about here. I want everyone to know that Ronnie and Janet Clifton run a VERY good sale. The horses types varried alot. There were some show horses and some older style little guys that were good producers for the farms that had them and will go on to do well for their new owners. There were about 5 that I wanted of course they were bigger mares.....lol there were two of Toni Reeces I would have had in a heart beat if nationals werent around the corner and across the country so I had to use Blues money for that trip. Elaine Taylor from Encore Farms in FL sent some great horses and her little stallion Playboy who has produced for her AWesomely was a steal at less than 400 dollars! Thats why I say it was a buyers sale. There were a couple of iffy little ones but maybe their owners didnt realize that they were dwarfy but there were 116 horses sold there yesterday and all were clean and only a few were thin. Ronnies sales are class acts and this one was no different.[/SIZE]

Lyn

The Sale in Mt Airy was a nice sale. The horses were very nice and did not see a skinny one there. We always enjoy going to this sale. Even if we aren't buying or selling its a great place to socialize with our mini friends that we don't get to see that often.

I agree that alot of people are uneducated about the importance of correct conformation etc. I have a yearling colt that has absolute georgeous color but is definitly pet quality, he has been gelded and is a wonderful boy BUT I bet I could sell him a hundred times!! We have many that are top qualtiy but people look at the cute little Houligan and they want one. Also we notice if there is one mini at any local sale peple will bid the thing up to crazy prices just for the novelty no matter what it looks like. Its really sad!
sad.gif

Thanks guys (Lyn, Amy, Maryann and others) for the compliments on our sale. Janet and I really do try hard but we just can't control the market. Our prices although a little off are still averaging pretty good compaired to all the other sales we attend so hopefully we are doing something right.

Thanks Again and hope to see ya back for the next sale October 15th.

Latest posts

Back