Horse Life

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanch

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I have to vent as this is something that has bugged me for 2 years, and has been a problem and worry everyday of those 2 years.

I am very lucky to own 2 mini geldings, and they keep my life...lively and busy. But them being here is just luck that we have 3/4 of an acre thats bushy and flat in one area. So thats fenced off. Then I need an area to work in hand. Well, you can fit 2 jumps in the back yard at max, and the left front lawn is mine, enough for lunging and in hand obstacle. Then, 2 years ago, I got rhino driving, and we used the church grass area that year. was fine as I only used it 2 times a week for 3 months. Then 2007 I never used that area and looked for another one, nadda. 2008, I use the chruch yard, only if no ones there, I can't choice when I drive, I drive when no ones around, do you know how stressful that is.

Today set my ticker, I couldnt work this morning I didnt get going till 1030 and it was hot, so I said I'd work at night. Go up there, theres 7 cars. And I want to point out right now, I can't ask these people if its ok, they kicked my brother out when he was using their parking lot to stretch for his run. They drive me up the wall
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif

So, I can't work, and I hadn't drive since saturday(sunday I was gone all day, monday he seemed to favor a foot, tuesday farrier was out in the morning(he just needed a trim btw, too hot to work during the day, and went to a movie(gone from 6:30 to 10) So, what do I do, I set up obstacles in my front lawn, the lawn that you can only go 4 trot stides on, then theres a tree, road, house, etc. Lets just sum it up as, I only practiced backing up into stuff, pivoting a full circle, and getting over our fear of tarps. But its really dissapointing when there is no room on your own land to work, so that I have to aks to use other peoples field for road work, use a chruch that hates people going into their lot, let alone working there :DOH!

Am I over reacting??? I don't think I am, and when I say that this comes up everyday of my life since 2006, Im NOT kidding. I love to drive, its my favorite thing, and Rhino loves it, hes a different horse in cart, more energy, and happier. So to have all thease set backs is so frustrating. And I know, as Dr. Randy Pausch said "The walls are there to show us how much we want something" I would call this a brick wall. To not be able to set up more than 2 jumps, though both horses are great jumpers, to not be able to drive on your property, but to have to travel half a km to drive in a ring area, that you are not allowed to be on. Yes, I want this bad, and I will keep working my horses. Tomorrow I am waking up at 6:30 to feed the horses then, so we can get there before 9 and work before it gets hot and anyone comes. YES, I want this, but will be fighting it till I leave home. I can't change it, as, mom lives here, and This is what I have, and should be happy with what I have, but I have the right to be frustrated, right??

Anyways, that feels so much better. As said, this has been inside me for 2 years, and has been eating at me. If anyone has ideas, I would love to hear them, anything would help at this point.

PS- if there is some poor spelling, please excuse it, not typing well right now.

I don't know if this would be allowed or not, but have you looked at the track field at some of the local schools? I would keep trying to find someone with some spare land.

Good luck!

Is there no one near you who has horses who would let you set up your obstacles somewhere to practice? There must be someone nearby who could offer you some space. Do you live near any forum members? IF not how about other horse owners? How about some other parking lot nearby or another lawn maybe a neighbor or friend.

I looked all last year and everyone near me is hills, and the closes horse people are 2km away or more. My best friend is 2.7km from my house, and its a rough ride to get there. i tried working at her place once, and by the time I got there, worked and got home, Rhino was shaking the cart he was so tired. He is more fit this year, but I think thats to far to travel for a ring.

School fields...well, I live far away from any schools, so schools are out of the question. Then when I think of track fields, I remember seeing one place I didn't hit, they have a soceer field in their back yard, they are 2 km from the house, but could ask them, and its an easy treck to get there. Have to do that tonight when I won't die from the heat!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back