Horse Illustarted

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
I got the horse illustarted the other day, and I sat down to read it, and it says that AMHA is a closed registry, Am I missing something?

It says The American Miniature Horse Association, wich started in 1972, is also a closed registry(it stated above how AMHR was closed)

It was a pretty good article, but that just made me wonder!

and also I think it was Jill who was wondering how many minis were there, it says there a 240,000 minis world wide! That makes me wonder how many standerd size horses there are, cause you usually see more standerd size horses, in the pastures along the side of the road, of course for me, i see more minis everyday more than standerd size horses, I am so happy I found the mini breed:)

-Gage-

Neither AMHA or AMHR is truly closed. Both of them still allow hardshipping. AMHA still allows hardshipping for a horse that meets the height qualifications as long as it is not a dwarf regardless of its background. AMHR allows hardshipping for a horse that meets height qualifications and that is registered with ASPC or AMHA. Of course, you must pay a hefty fee to do this.

Latest posts

Back