Horse Haulers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildoak

Reaction score
Who do you trust with your horses these days? Was about to refer one company I've used and found terrible reviews on them online... would like to hear some good recent reviews. Things do change from time to time, reviews from 3-4 years ago aren't always relevant.

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the only ones I really trust are International Horse, Equine Xpress (Linda Reinders in Ontario) and Mary Ann Bartkewich of Bartkewich Miniatures. There is also Perry Transport--I haven't used them but know people who have and they are a trustworthy. None of those help you out too much I guess. IHT does use some US transporters to make connections for horses coming from/going to US locations, but I don't know who those are.

My hubby - but I may be a little biased : )

He comes with great recomendations from folks he's hauled for, and he'[s good with minis - because we also have them!

He truly loves horses, and you can tell in the way he takes care of them on the road. Only problem is usually getting him booked - he won't do "milk routes" all over the countryside picking up horses, he tries to go a straight shot as much as possible, and only takes horses that are going the way that particular run is going. But if you call him, he will also give you great advice on hiring a transporter and what to look for, even if he can't do the transport.

He is 4 Rail Horse Transport. www.4railhorsetransport.com

My hubby - but I may be a little biased : )

He comes with great recomendations from folks he's hauled for, and he'[s good with minis - because we also have them!

He truly loves horses, and you can tell in the way he takes care of them on the road. Only problem is usually getting him booked - he won't do "milk routes" all over the countryside picking up horses, he tries to go a straight shot as much as possible, and only takes horses that are going the way that particular run is going. But if you call him, he will also give you great advice on hiring a transporter and what to look for, even if he can't do the transport.

He is 4 Rail Horse Transport. www.4railhorsetransport.com

I second Flying minis' hubby... 4 Rail transport.......... Whenever i buy a horse, I always check with him first to see if he can haul for me. He's good.

Jan,

I don't know who you've heard bad things about (you can PM me), but the last haulers I used were Sharrway. No problems with them. It is best to call them by phone, they aren't on the computer that much that I know of. Which direction is the horse going? I've got some for sale and am getting some inquiries, so might need to ship as well.

It took me forever to find a hauler for my last purchase back during the summer...I was very pleased with the shipper I did end up hiring however, Hidden Valley Equine
default_yes.gif
They did a great job, great communication and I would definatly use them again.

Sharrway is great, and their price when I last used them (last year) was very reasonable.

Hi Jan

My friend Patrick Herrick ~ SFM Transport Danielson, Ct. 860-933-7668 ~ Facebook Patrick Herrick

He does the East Coast and Texas and back up thru Tenn, Ky, Indiana, Ohio, Pa..... etc

He takes Very good care of his horses.. and does contact all owners/buyers everyday along the trip !! AND he stays on schedule.

He just got back from Texas run... Stars, Alliance, RHA, Lucky Four, RFM,, privates farms......

[email protected]

~Sandy

I used Zeigler to transport all of my horses from MN to FL. They were awesome!!! Kept me informed, on time, took great care of the horses and also took many other items at no extra charge. Saved a mint by not having to send waterers, feeders, fencing etc with the movers.

His number is:641-843-8594

I go to Uship.com anymore. You find a variety of horse haulers on there who can give you great pricing because they may be going on the route you're looking to ship/transport. And what's even better is they compete with each other on price and usually you can get a good deal. Uship also has a rating system so you can read everyone's reviews - it was such an easy process, I think I may use Uship more often.

I can vouch for Patrick Herrick. He just delivered my sweet filly Dazzle to me yesterday.
default_yes.gif
He called my to let me know she was ok and they were on their way and she arrived in great shape. He was kind and caring and I would definitely recommend him. He's a class act.

Angie

I used "LoneStar" last month for moving 3 horses and 1 sheep from OR to VA and they even had to stay at the folks ranch in Georgia a couple of days.

Horse's arrived in perfect condition so I highly recommend them.

http://www.lsrhorses.com/

I'm another Pat Herrick fan!

He's sweet with the horses, awesome communication and a wonderful person. He has a very nice trailer, set up well

- he shipped a weanling for me in a safe, comfortable box stall. The weanling arrived happy & relaxed after a very long trip.

I go to Uship.com anymore. You find a variety of horse haulers on there who can give you great pricing because they may be going on the route you're looking to ship/transport. And what's even better is they compete with each other on price and usually you can get a good deal. Uship also has a rating system so you can read everyone's reviews - it was such an easy process, I think I may use Uship more often.
I agree with this. I used shippers from uship this last spring and they did wonderful and didnt charge me an arm and a leg like some of the others wanted.

Marsha

Thanks for the suggestions, I like to keep an updated list of who's good. I used uship.com to get a trailer brought to me but really like having first hand references if I don't know the horse hauler.

We used one a couple of years ago - who may be out of business now but had lots of good reviews at the time - and ended up losing a horse at the end of the trip. Was supposed to be a pretty straight run from Tx to Az, took 4 days with lots of detours and a serious colic along the way...

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back