Horse feeding myths and misconceptions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great article, Marty! Thanks for posting that!
default_smile.png

Thanks Marty for sharing this interesting info I have printed it off for future reference.

I grew up with an "old horseman" for a father, whom would not have agreed with these new findings.

Interesting thing though, we had good horses and never had a horse colic on the farm, no foaling problems, or any major problems for that matter. I think these miniature horses are certainly a breed of their own when it comes to health issues. Thanks again for sharing. Wendy

When l did some looking up on hays for a touchy mare l found that alfalfa is lower in NSC 11.3 compared to grass hay which is at 13.8 l never would have thought that also l read NSC is high in dandelions who came in at 27.0 and so now l know to restrict those things..

I really enjoyed reading this article! Thanks for the link-

Peggy

Excellent article. Thanks for posting it. I would like to add it to our club newsletter since so many members are still hearing these same old myths.

YUP! Listened to a nutritionist from Purina say vitually the same thing the other night.

Sounds logical and interesting. But wait--what will they tell us NEXT YEAR? Or the year after? Today's "fact" could be tomorrow's myth...

With hybrydizing, cloning, fertilizying, spraying--who knows what will even be edible in the future, for man or beast?

Latest posts

Back