Horese got out

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

littlehorse2

They got out about 2-3 hours before we normally let them out. We finally found them almost to the woods. Should I be overly conserned about how much they ate? They are used to being out in a goos size field, but the grass in there is almost gone. Does anyone think that they could founder or colic?

I've never dealt with founder and I've only dealt with one case of colic back 9 yrs. ago. What should I be looking for. Right now they are tired and laying down to sleep. No rolling or anything like that. The field is very overgrown and has long grass.

Christy
unsure.gif

Last edited:
Christy calm down!! I know you are worried but some horses actually live on grass all year round
smile.gif
I am not making light of your worries but PLEASE do not compensate by keeping them off the grass- go back to your normal routine and just keep an eye on them. Good Luck!!
yes.gif

I think they will be fine if it was only a couple of hours. It's the lush green stuff that gets them but it would have to be a lot longer time.

Ginny

Ya 2 to 3 hours out on grass like that is really nothing to get uptight.. Keep an eye on them and go about doing things like always. They will be fine.

I knew I was probably over reacting, but I wanted to be more safe than sorry with asking the questions. So far they are peeing and pooping just fine.

Christy

They now have diarreha, but are eating and acting fine. Trisket comes tomarrow.I can't wait!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back