Hope all have a safe foaling season.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It always amazes me just how different each foaling can be.

We had bred minis since 2006 up until our last foaling in 2011 and I had never once until 2011 seen a text book birth. I had instead seen foalings from maiden mares who needed assistance in pulling. Each took about as long as this one.

In 2011 however, I witnessed the foaling of a VERY experienced broodmare who had, had five foals prior. From the time her water broke to the time the filly was out it took less than a minute. Had you have blinked you would have missed it. It was a great end to our stint at breeding.

I agree, the best thing is to be there for sure..

Just wishing you all healthy foals.

For ones that have never seen foaling, gives you an ideal in how it can be.

Myself I like to go in and check to make sure foal is in right position before it gets to far.

Just sharing.

Oh I hope !!
default_pray.gif
My only foal this year will be my first one ever after owning minis for years. I am excited and feel prepared but still you never know. No more babies for me after this, I worry too much.

Like Tremor, we have been breeding for several years and have only had ONE text book foaling (in 2010) producing a live foal. That was also the only one where we didn't have to unplug the Mare Stare camera.

So nice and easy, no problem foaling, sounds great!! Thanks for posting.

Just yesterday I watched a youtube video of these same people (IAMRanch) going through a Red Bag Delivery recently. It was up close and personal. I don't have the link but no doubt it is easy to find...anyhow it is a must see. I have read and read about red bag (just in case) but was still shocked to see. The part that shocked me the most was how they then reached in grabbed the clear bag and from there on everything that happened. Again, the video is a must see as a learning tool and the daughter made it "entertaining". It was nice to know that it turned out with a happy ending!

Just yesterday I watched a youtube video of these same people (IAMRanch) going through a Red Bag Delivery recently. It was up close and personal. I don't have the link but no doubt it is easy to find...anyhow it is a must see. I have read and read about red bag (just in case) but was still shocked to see. The part that shocked me the most was how they then reached in grabbed the clear bag and from there on everything that happened. Again, the video is a must see as a learning tool and the daughter made it "entertaining". It was nice to know that it turned out with a happy ending!
This video?

On their website they mention a video of a dystocia birth that resulted in a dead foal. I was really hoping to find it, watch it, and post it because it would be an educational video for this thread; you know to get all aspects of foaling.

But they didn't have it. They do have multiple videos on foaling and whelping, lol.

Here's a video that has milk PH testing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXs0z5bpw1U

Yes Tremor! You posted the red bag delivery video. Those people seem to be very cool. They really celebrate their births. Thanks for posting it.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back