Hooves of a .....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowRidge Farm

Reaction score
Yankee, here are some of the pictures I was telling you about, of one of our rescue donkeys. These were taken after my hubby had already cut a good 6" off. It took Bob(hubby) and Joe (my farrier) about 3 good trims and she was almost back to normal. She is one of the sweetest ones I have even known, and loves to be around people. How anyone can mistreat any poor helpless animal is beyond my thinking!
JennyGal.jpg
Jenshindfeet.jpg
JennysfrontfeetJPG.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]OMG those poor legs! [/SIZE]

Lyn

Wow-- they're awful and I'm glad to know she is doing okay.

Our girl seems to be walking well today. I'm glad she didn't suffer too much from the trimming.

The "Donkey Nazzi" (Long story just think Seinfeld's "soup Nazzi" and switch for donkeys) that my friend got her Jenny from all his herd looked lik that and he got mad at "K" for having her feet trimmed
new_shocked.gif

Corinne, I have seen these pictures before - god bless you for taking in these animals and showing them the love and care that they have missed out on for so long. You are the best and I am proud to call you my good friend...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, those are just sad to look at. I got my to minis away from some one that didn't take care of them. The darker one was basically walking on the sides of her hooves, have had the farrier out twice and he has worked miracles on her. I think she doesn't know what to do as the first couple of hours after the second visit she was high stepping as she didn't know basically how to come down on the bottom of the hoof and not the side. He says that she could have been better if someone had taken care of them, but now she's out of that situation and hopefully we'll get her some what correct. Isn't it amazing what farriers can do
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back