Hookstown, PA show!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crossbuck Farms

Reaction score
We are going. We will have 2 new show cart and a big surprise there. I'm really excited. I am taking 5 of mine and my nieghbor is taking hers. Charlie my mini might do leadline with his rider if the cast comes off the rider. The rider broke his growthplate in the foot on a trampoline accident.
rolleyes.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Sweet Tart will be there. Maybe Carbon. Look for them with Bruce.[/SIZE]

f369a6f5.jpg
Sweet Tart

f369a8c1.jpg
Carbon

Lyn

We will be there with my fat 11 year old B gelding and fat 3 year old B mare. But a yearling stallion that is not fat.
biggrin.gif
I think he will fall into the B size also.

I was planning on being in the cart class with my gelding. But since he spooked, broke the cart seat/ bent the wheel/ and maybe axle, and made me pretty shades of yellow/green/purple. I don't think my cart will be any shape to try again soon
no.gif

I am planning on having a good time anyway.

Hope to see you all there.

Deb

So sorry about your cart. I guess you are new to driving. I've (knock on wood) only had 2 scary things happen to me on cart when I first started. If you need some help let me know? I got away with a broken girth and overcheck when my mare spooked.

I won't be at the show, but you mentioned the big surprise earlier and now I am dying to know!!!!

I won't be at the show, but you mentioned the big surprise earlier in another post too, and now I am dying to know!!!!

We will be bringing a senior stallion and a gelding.

Hello! I am new to the mini's but I will be going to the Hookstown Show. I would like to thank all of you for your wonderful topics and discussions. I hope to meet some of you on Saturday.
smile.gif
Jenn

Dazzler

Yes, we are new to doing the driving/cart thing. We started out on 30 June of last year and neither of us had had any experience. (that is me or the horse) So we are training each other.
ohmy.gif
So I guess we were just an accident waiting to happen.

Some friends showed me how to harness him and I practiced ground driving him for 2 months. Then my neighbors relatives came over and hooked him to the cart for me and explained some things. And I had been doing all the rest. They said he acted very good his first time hooked up and that he just needed some miles on him.

It is a good thing I drive him in my pasture. It would have been a really big mess if I had been on the road.
new_shocked.gif

So at the Butler fair last year we had only been driving about 5 weeks.

I will stop by and talk to you at the show.

Deb

We will be there as well with 5 horses after attending the Region One show last weekend in Delaware. There was alot of top farms there also, Reeces, Vanity Grove and Sawmill River Farm with all of them doing very well. We had a great time with Lyn, Bruce showing my gelding and everyone else in our crew.

We had a great time at the Regionals with receiving:

2 - 1sts

3 - 2nds

1 - 3rd

3- 4ths

3 - 6ths

Hope to see you all at Hookstown & Meadville coming up next!
aktion033.gif

We will be at the Meadville show also, It is only about 25 minutes from our place.

Taking the same fat gelding

but taking a yearling mare, sharing her with 2 children so they can start their showing experiences.

Also taking a mare and her 2 month colt. They will quite the pair. Ernie is having a time learning to give to his halter. But I just want to show him off he is so cute.

Deb

[SIZE=14pt]My two will be at meadville also...wish I could go watch but I will be at church camp.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back