Hoof soak hack

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottein

Reaction score
I don’t know if any others prefer a hoof soak for thrush, but I bought these small size dry bags from Amazon, and they came with a strap. Works perfect instead of spending more on soaking boots and space on storage. I used an Oxine AH soak as per the hoof-smart website. It is the same as using Cleantrax but cheaper and easier.F6382021-96A7-4F54-AFD3-D968304D3967.jpeg8C89FA54-E4EC-4B94-BD6E-AF521EA3BE04.jpeg

I don’t know if any others prefer a hoof soak for thrush, but I bought these small size dry bags from Amazon, and they came with a strap. Works perfect instead of spending more on soaking boots and space on storage. I used an Oxine AH soak as per the hoof-smart website. It is the same as using Cleantrax but cheaper and easier.View attachment 47638View attachment 47639
I have not experienced thrush as yet either but I sure like what I'm seeing. Thanks for showing pics. I think they could be useful in other ways also. I may order some to have on hand.:)👍

For about 8 years with him I never had thrush, but then started to see some mild central sulcus thrush a couple years ago, probably picked up when he was at the trainers. Now it shows up in the spring after the snow melts into mud. It’s very mild and goes away when it is dry in the summer. I assume it is in the soil now, and I need to figure out how to sanitize the soil of their huge pen! The bags would work great for soaking for an injury too I bet.

Back