Hoof Care Clinic in Oklahoma

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My trimmer, who is a certified barefoot trimmer, will be offering a clinic in Arapaho, OK on June 21. Besides discussion on basic trimming and hoof care, clients will have horses there to show various hoof issues, plus instruction on trimming your own horses.

You can call her for more information at 580-726-2698 or cell 580-530-0806.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marsha,

That sounds like a great idea! I cannot afford to hire my farrier to clip mine everytime they need done, so I have been researching and reading to learn to do them myself. I sooooo wish that I could come, but my 10 year high school reunion is that day and my friend and I are hosting a BBQ.
default_wacko.png

BTW, who is your farrier? You are close enough to me that I could probably use the same one. Mine really only likes to work on the big horses.

Her name is Shelley . She owns lippizans and is seriously into dressage.

She travels through western and central Oklahoma and also north Texas to trim. Do not know her travel rates, as she lives close to me.

My horses used to have flares, sometimes stumble, and their frogs would grow sideways. I never have flares anymore and no stumbling. Nice straight frogs.

She also is up-to-date about hoof-related nutrition.

She is more than happy to teach her clients between-trim maintainance. Hoofcare is a passion with her.

I think mine are the only miniatures she has right now, but she recently adopted a foundered mini donkey.

Latest posts

Back