Homemade grooming products and supplements

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know we've done this in the past, but please refresh my memory with new and old ideas, suggestions, and great advice.

I am looking for homemade grooming product ideas. In this economy, we are all trying to pinch pennies where we can I'm sure. Lets help eachother out.

We moved about months ago and since then my horses coats have gone downhill. They're overall body coats are healthy, but because they are only allowed a small dirt/sand paddock for turnout, they are constantly filthy. Three of them are rubbing manes out and one has started on his tail. I am trying to rectify this before next years show season. Suggestions?

Ive heard lavender, euceliptus, coconut oil works well. Also wheat germ, flax seed (which they get now), apple cider vinegar, tea tree oil, and listerine are other good ingredients. But in what ratios and forms?

Lets hear what you got!

Erin

For the rubbing of manes and tails I would make sure you are feeding them a quality feed, check for lice, worm them, and you can give them Black Oil Sunflower Seeds to add some oil to their coats.

I agree check for any hidden bugs cause they sound real itchy. Mine are on a dry lot too and are filthy and it's miserably hot out but I noticed just the other day how nice and soft their coats are coming in.

Sorry not good at any homemade remedies. I'm just not that creative with things like that.

Latest posts

Back