home remities for a sore sore throat

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cara

Reaction score
i have such a sore throat, its all high up andlike i can feel it in my ears! its hard to breath and it sucks! and ideas?

i have such a sore throat, its all high up andlike i can feel it in my ears! its hard to breath and it sucks! and ideas?
I would not be with out my echinacea spray.. have not found anything that works like this stuff.

or gargle with warm water & salt...

Warm salt water, tea with honey or a warm drink of lemon and honey are our standbys here. Also heat a towel, rub your neck with 'Buckley's White Rub' (Vick's rub will do but I prefer Buckley's) and wrap the towel around your neck and pin it there. The heat and menthol help more than anything I know and when its really bad we sleep with the towel in place.

Other than that I can only suggest seeing your doctor in case it is something he needs to treat.

edited to add

Sorry you feel lousy, hope it passes quickly

Last edited by a moderator:
Warm salt water nose drops. Put 1/4 C of salt in a quart of warm water and let dissolve. Then use it for nose drops. Fill a dropper, tilt head back, and drop in both nostrils. A full dropper in each. It will coat the back of the throat that gargling just doesn't get. Although gargling with the solution will help also.

I agree with the warm water and salt and gargle. Salt is healing.... make sure your tonsils are not getting infected- that was how my strep throat started!! And boy, was I SICK so hopefully you are not getting something like that.

Also, take some aspirin too, that may help. Hope you feel better soon!!! Running a fever too??

HGFarm Not knocking your advice, but Cara please don't take aspirin. It is not for teenagers or younger. Can be fatal if you take it for the wrong thing. Have you ever heard of Reyes Syndrome? We had a neighbor girl died from it when her mother gave her aspirin when she had the flu. Aspirin is not recommended for any child. I know you are not a child, per se, but you are 17 and still fall in the dangerous category.

You definitely can use Tylenol or motrin. Honey, we don't want anything to happen to you so please check before you use real aspirin. Okay?
default_wub.png
Hope you feel better soon.

I hear yah! I am about to go try ALL OF THAT.

Just went to the Doctor's today... I've had ear, nose and throat things for a month that just wont go away, He looks at me and says "Well, heres why... You have tonsillitis, a ear infection and a sinus infection......"
default_new_shocked.gif

Opps!
default_rolleyes.gif
No wonder why I've been feeling lousy. Too add I've got a thrown out lower back - so theres a doctor saying stay inside and a chiropractor saying not to lift anything.... Three words for them "I Have Horses"

Just another little warning about aspirin and young people. When I was in college, another student, probably 20 years old, took aspirin and got Reyes Syndrome. It didn't kill him, but he spent almost the whole year in a wheelchair, weak as a baby, and it took several years before he was back to full strength (although it he was never as strong as before). So please be careful!

Jayne

Back