Home from the Tennessee Show - Somebody Pinch Us

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tam VanderWerf

Reaction score
Boy, what a weekend! We still can't believe......

Our 4 year old, 33.5" silver buckskin mare, Amazing Grace Dixie Crystals, NEVER in a show ring before this weekend. Her dam is Magic Place Its No Wonder, a Lucky Four Wranglers Buccaneer daughter (buckskin pinto) and her sire is First Knights Sir Snippet (sorrel pinto). Dan has been working with her for the past couple months preparing for this show and also plans to train her to drive. She won Model Mare, then Aged Mare 32-34, then won 2 Senior Reserve Mare, then 1 Senior Grand Champion Mare, then 1 Grand Champion, THEN Champion of Champions under one judge. Dan and I were crying tears of joy! We just couldn't believe our Dixie did so well in her first show...a horse we trained ourselves!

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

And it gets even better.....

Our 29.5" bay pinto stallion, Alliance Star Wars, a National Top 5 stallion, was trained to drive by Ricky Wardlaw of Cygnet Farms in Friendsville, Tennessee, after Star Wars (a/k/a Bull) returned from the 2007 AMHR Nationals. This Tennessee show was Bull's driving debut. We knew Ricky did a fantastic job training him, but never expected the results at his first show! Bull did very well in ALL his Country Pleasure classes and was the unanimous winner in the Country Pleasure Stakes class. More tears of joy! Dan and Ricky also did Open Versatility - Bull got two 3rds and a 1st because he balked at the first jump. We just can't express how grateful we are to Ricky for the wonderful job he did training Bull to drive. Also to Gayle Ray of Silver Meadows for working with Dan and Bull Friday night before Saturday's driving classes.

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

We had a WONDERFUL weekend. The show was great! Thanks to the Tennessee Miniature Horse Volunteers who worked so hard and had a very enjoyable show. And to Dixi Cohea, the show manager, who once again did a great job!

I also can't say enough about my wonderful husband. His dedication and hard work have made me very proud of him. So here's an ATTABOY for Dan! Waaaahoo!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations!! what an accomplishment!! And what a great hubby/wife team you guys make

Oh, ya'll did so great!!!! I am so proud for ya'll and both of your horses!!!!! Thanks again for letting me "borrow" your little pinto fellow to for those pictures of my boy!

A huge congrats again!!! It was a blast! Wish it would come around more often then once a year!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

[SIZE=10pt]Tam & Dan-[/SIZE]

You deserve every win you received this past weekend. The excitement in Dan's voice when he called me Saturday was incredible - not to mention the happiness in yours. I sure wish I had been there to see. I'm so glad you had a great show. Keep up the GREAT work!!! The season is young!

Barbie

Congratulations! What a way to start the show season.
default_aktion033.gif

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm smiling from ear to ear here in Michigan!

default_biggrin.png
Congrats Tam & Dan--Bull looked great!!! and You all did a fantastic job with him!!! Congrats on all your wins!! They were well deserved!!!

YEA!!!!

How exciting, way to go!! Big congratulations to you and your wonderful horses!!
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations Dan and Tam. You both deserve so much praise for the time and effort you spend with your horses...What a great show for you. I wish I could have been there to see it all.

Latest posts

Back