Home from the Fair

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylady

Reaction score
critters299.jpg
About this!

(That's a Best in Show ribbon!!)
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I found out!

Our fair is not a very big deal, really. There are only a few people in our area that have animals, getting fewer every year. So, every year, I load an assortment of rabbits and chickens into my SUV and truck 'em over to the airport, which is where the Cape Fear Fair and Expo is held. I consider it more of an exhibit rather than a real competition (first and second in a class of 2 is kind of a joke, don't you think?) but I figure, this is the best chance a lot of fair goers get at seeing real, live chickens and rabbits that actually look like their supposed breed, so we go for it! Betsy and Sydney get roped into it too, how many mini mules do YOU know? We've become sort of fixtures in the Livestock tent. I know they are well looked after, and I go almost every day to help out and get the girls out for some exercise. I think they have a little fun, although that much public can be really wearing!

This was my first time entering anything into the competitions in the Agriculture tent. Last Spring, my daughter found a bin of this chenille-type yarn at a local discount store, and liked it so much, she persuaded me to buy some and make this afghan for her. I found it the dickens to work with, but on a whim, I hauled it up there and entered it, just for fun. And the judges loved it!

Sydney won her class, Miniature mares, 2 years and under (1st out of 1)
default_wacko.png
Betsy took 2nd behind a spotted mini donkey jack named Jumbo Shrimp (out of a total of 4 donkeys and mules)

It was fun, but we're all glad to be home again. We are quickly getting back to normal, or at least, what passes for normalcy around here!

critters303.jpg

critters301.jpg

Syd says, horses were born to sleep in the sun!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Syd, horses WERE born for sleeping in the sun (or at least they certainly excel at it ;) )Congratulations on your win, that is beautiful work and deserving of a BIS in any competition.
default_aktion033.gif

What a gorgeous color! Congratulations on the win!

Our fair is sort of like that, too, and I try to take lots of things just to keep it interesting for people. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, y'all!

What a gorgeous color!
My daughter loved the color, and I felt a color that rich needed to stand alone, so I bought all they had and hoped it was enough.

I wasn't there when they did the judging, I went around a bit later to see how I'd done. When I couldn't find my afghan among all the other knitted and crocheted entries, I wondered if I'd been DQ'd or something. It took a while before I noticed that, among all the ribbons there, there weren't any BIS ribbons. When I finally located the area for the BIS's, I was like " Oh! There it is! I guess that means I won!"
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back