Home from Ontario!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa

Reaction score
My trip was amazing!!!
default_aktion033.gif

After a fairly uneventful trip out (haha pretty much how you want it when you’re 39,000 feet up!) I finally got out to Kitchener. My friend, Dave, who I was there to see picked me up from the airport.

On Saturday we went out to Port Stanley, a small sea town about a half hour away from London. LOL! He let me drive which is a huge thing for him. He wouldn’t let me anywhere near the driver seat of his car in high school. He has a great ugly truck! A 1992 Ranger. Port Stanley was really beautiful. The lake stunned me. I knew they were big, but it didn’t really register HOW big. The bloody thing had WAVES!!!! We went around town just looking around, going to garage sales and talking.

On Sunday we drove out to Niagara and stayed over night. It was absolutely the best part of the trip. It took us about an hour and a half or so to actually get there…and two hours to find the bloody hotel!!! It was tucked away in a residential area, only a twenty minute walk from the falls and we got a heck of a deal on it: $50.00 including tax for a very clean room.

We went on the Maid of the Mist first, and that is something I think everyone should do when they go to Niagara. You get a great view of both falls and we were so close to Horseshoe Falls that I couldn’t see anything but the mist, though Dave said he could see everything. There is a reason they give you a rain coat! I was soaked just trying to hold it closed from the wind!

I wouldn’t have thought it would, but after dark Niagara REALLY comes alive. We watched a steel drum band, which was completely awesome. They played OPERA even! There was a light show on the falls, every few minutes they changed. Very pretty! And we picked the right night to go. There was fireworks!! They were quite impressive, especially the finale. We found a perfect spot on the patio of a bar that overlooked the falls and gave us a perfect view of the fireworks show.

We went to the Butterfly Conservatory on the way out of town, it was very, very pretty (as you can see from all of the pictures we got!) There was this one butterfly that looked plain with an owl’s eye on the outside (lots of pictures of him), but when he opened his wings they were entirely covered in an iridescent blue that was absolutely incredible. I tried to get pictures of them, but they flew so fast and that’s the only time you could see it that I didn’t get a really nice shot, though I got quite a few of them.

Niagara is definitely wine country, we took a winding, scenic road out of town and the houses are awe-inspiring. Most of them were brick and very old. That’s something I loved about all of Ontario, how old the buildings were. You don’t get that in BC for obvious reasons.

Yeah, Niagara was definitely the highlight.

On Tuesday we mostly just hung around town. Dave showed me all of the sights that he thought I should see. The river was very pretty and I loved seeing the architecture. Tuesday night was open mic night in town, so I got to see him perform! It was a great night, a lot of very talented people. It was awesome seeing Dave perform. He is very, very talented. He sang two of his own songs and the ENTIRE place was really getting into it. He sang constantly the entire visit and played his guitar all the time when we were home. I loved it!

Wednesday we went out to Matt's place, which is about an hour away from London. It was a great visit. Thanks again Matt! Wednesday night we went to Drum Circle. I felt a bit out of my league, but I had a lot of fun! I stuck to the tambourine because I wasn’t comfortable with doing the drums.

Thursday morning we took off to Toronto and went to the zoo. God! It’s so huge! We got lost about 20 thousand times lol. Great adventure!

The zoo was brilliant! So much fun. We were both exhausted afterwards though lol!! The animals they had were really great. There was a grizzly who entertained us for about ten minutes playing with a yellow ball (lots of pics in the albums!), splashing around and hanging onto a branch behind him. He kept rearing up and belly flopping into the pond, but I wasn’t able to get a picture of it haha! He also started to try to entice the other grizzly to come play by rearing up and splashing the water. It was really cute!

After the zoo we wandered around Toronto and a scalper sold us tickets for $10.00 each to a Blue Jays vs. Angels game. It was really cool! I’m not into baseball, but it was a very Toronto-ian thing to do. We went to the harbour and saw a beaver (Can you believe that? A beaver in the middle of Toronto!). We decided to not get a hotel, because we were running low on cash (we had $80.00 left) so we drove out to Woodbine (after getting lost and asking for directions a million times lol) and slept in the truck. It wasn’t the most comfortable thing, but it worked!

Woodbine was really beautiful. I wish we could have seen some races, but we didn’t have the time. We wanted to get out of Toronto early so that if we got lost (which we did lol) we wouldn’t come close to missing the plane.

We hung around at the airport for a couple hours until I left! The plane ride home was REALLY turbulent, very cool! So! That’s my trip!
default_yes.gif

If you'd like to see pics, here are some albums I have on facebook!

Album I

Album II

Album III

I got about 274 pics so I only put the good ones on here!

Thanks for taking a look. It was just about as great as I could have imagined! It was amazing seeing Dave after six years!

Sounds like you had a great trip!

But I've never, ever, seen someone describe turbulence as "very cool" before!!
default_wink.png

LOL! I love flying and as long as the plane is still in the air, a little turbulence is cool! I love it when planes fly beside a storm. It's the neatest thing to see!

I live in Niagara! I am so glad you enjoyed yourself..it really is a great place..lots of things to see and do.

Oh yes, wine country is right...I am surrounded by VINEYARDS! There are more wineries around then I can count.

Great pics Lisa! Thanks for coming by and meeting us and Royal and Teddy and the girls. As I said before, you're welcome to come back whenever you want!

Thanks! I had a lot of fun! So did Dave! (haha I think he was a bit surprised about that!) You can be sure I'll come and visit if I get to London again!

Latest posts

Back