Home From Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved reading this post, Belinda. I cannot see a picture of Redi, no matter if I've seen it before, and not spend some time just admiring him! And, I am sure there were many choked up people in the arena when you let him loose. Just reading your words made me tear up!

Belinda - I can't thank you enough for making a dream come true.

I have to tell a little bit of Redi's and my story.... Thanks in advance for letting me share.

I bought my first miniature horse in 1989 and showed as a Youth until I went off to college. I wasn't able to show during college (had to pay tuition instead of horse bills) or right after I finished (had to make some money and continue paying off that education!)

Even though I wasn't showing for a few years, I missed it soooo bad. I would still try to attend Nationals and watch the horses and dream of coming back with my own horse someday.

Work led me to Ponca City, Oklahoma where I was finally able to get some land to keep horses on. Two years ago, I went to Lee and Barb Martin's to look at horses. (My very first miniature horse was a Martin's horse, so when I realized they lived only 45 min away, I was very excited.)

Lee and I walked around the pastures looking at many nice horses. Then Lee told me he had a colt he thought I might like up at the barn. Redi was two then and had recently been rescued by the Martin's from an owner who had practically starved the horse to death. (Thankfully, I never saw Redi at his very worst.)

Might like.... I loved the thin little colt at first sight!
wub.gif
He floated across the ground, and held his neck and little head straight up. I can't thank the Martin's enough for their friendship and giving me the opportunity to purchase Red Alert.

About a year after buying Red Alert, I asked Belinda if she would be interested in showing him. (I had admired Belinda for a long time.) And now one year later, Redi has accomplished more than I ever dreamed possible. He won't ever worry about getting enough to eat again!

Redi is now running around his new pasture with great big trees in Magnolia, Texas until spring when he'll go back to Belinda's for breeding.

Come say hi to Redi if you're in the area this winter!

Lisa

Lisa and Mike are great owners, Belinda's a great trainer and Redi is a GREAT horse.

Living close to Belinda I have gotten to see Redi lots over the past two years (which meant I had compete against him too
wink.gif
but getting beat by an awesome horse is a-ok)

they all love him dearly and it is easy to see that he adores the attention to (and knows he is the stud muffin).

I for one can't wait to see little "Redi's" running around and winning. Maybe I will be able to pry a little "Redi" out of Lisa, Mikes and Belindas hands sometime.

Erica said:
Maybe I will be able to pry a little "Redi" out of Lisa, Mikes and Belindas hands sometime.
469676[/snapback]

Well, now I am off in lala land thinking of a little Redi x Peas....

Latest posts

Back